Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Rear brake pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 02:19 PM
elightbo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear brake pipes

I looked for a while, but couldn't find anything related. Has anyone replaced the rear brake hard pipes on their R53? I got a quote of $1300 to replace, and it looks like I can the parts from pelican parts as well as a bender for around $140. I'm trying to get an idea of how big this job actually is before I start tackling it. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Take a look at this recent thread in the same section.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...placement.html

The following users liked this post:
elightbo (06-26-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 06:12 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Try to find a set used locally. When we part out a car no one ever buys the brake lines so they have very little value since they are so hard to ship due to length. This way they will already be the shape you need and ready to install.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
The following users liked this post:
elightbo (06-26-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 08:23 AM
elightbo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea! I would love to do that, but live in the rust belt and guessing almost any car I'm going to look at is going to have at least somewhat corroded lines. I can certainly call around, though.

Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Try to find a set used locally. When we part out a car no one ever buys the brake lines so they have very little value since they are so hard to ship due to length. This way they will already be the shape you need and ready to install.