Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Some Concerning Fault Codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 02:51 AM
vhsnap
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Concerning Fault Codes

Had codes read for my 08 MCS since it's been acting oddly with a solid yellow CEL on the dash (nothing on the tach). Stuttering when accelerating hard, throttle not as responsive as it used to be, a knocking noise when I take the engine by surprise between 1400-2200rpm, and white smoke when the engine is warm when I remove the oil cap. 101k miles, oil burn smell, and the only thing that's still covered under warranty is the HPFP.
I should also note that when the knocking occurs, I can see what appears to be white smoke coming from the tailpipe.

The codes that were read are below, and I know that my post-cat sensor needs replacement (I ordered it not long ago, but now that I look at it again I might need a new pre-cat as well unless there's a leak I don't know about), but everything else I'm not sure about since I did have the spark plugs and ignition coils replaced.

Any idea what could cause the misfires?

Last edited by vhsnap; 06-07-2017 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM
seandallen
3rd Gear
Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
You don't say what maintenance you've done/had done on this vehicle. I had a P0300 and P0304 code recently, right before I had planned on doing a carbon blast on my '09 MCS. I blasted the valves (you can have the dealership do it for about $600 if you don't want to DIY), and I changed the spark plugs. This at 60K miles. I cleared the codes before starting her back up, and have had no problems since. I couldn't say what your problem is, but if you haven't cleaned the valves, it's a good place to start if you can do the work yourself.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:26 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
^^^