Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Remote Central Locking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 03:45 AM
bobleznw
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Central Locking Problem

Good day to you all from sunny UK! And believe it or not it is sunny for a change. OK I have a problem you may be able to help me with. I have a 2003 Mini One, and for some reason it will not lock or unlock off the remote. It locks all doors and boot, if I put the key in the lock on the drivers side. But pressing the buttons on the fob does nothing.

Been to Mini Dealer they did diagnostics (took a while they had problems communicating with the car) They said the remotes are coded and have new batteries in them and are fine, there is no problem with the BC1 box, the door actuators all work. Said It must be a wiring fault somewhere but no idea where!!

Can anyone suggest anything else I can look at to solve the problem?

Old 05-28-2017, 01:20 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
It is possible that the remote receiver (in the headliner near the rear view mirror) isn't working. I don't know if there's any way to check it besides replacing it with a new one.