Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Help a girl out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 03:19 AM
MINIGIRLIE19
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help a girl out!

Hi all,
I just got my first car, a 2007 S hatchback. I love it!! A week after buying it I got the dreaded half power light as its called. My dad googled it and said no one really is sure what causes that light. We live in the desert in california, so its hot out here. My dad thought that the car is running hot due to the fan always coming on So he was going to put in a new thermostat thing. While he was stripping down the engine he noticed a small black plastic hard hose that wasn't connected to anything. So I'm just typing the things he's saying. The hose is under the driver side engine mount. It connects to the bottom of the motor under the motor mount. The hose clips to the side of the motor with a silver clip. He thought it might be a breather hose, but the end of the hose looks like it was connected to something. I took some pictures. I put a purple zip tie on it.

Name:  minihose1_zpswn1hcceb.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  249.6 KB

Name:  minihose2_zpsyyw6s5rh.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  200.8 KB

Name:  minihose3_zpsijv9vnuy.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  144.4 KB\

The other issue is while removing hoses, he said there was water in the turbo. The top hose should be for air, the one underneath goes to the cooling system. Well the top one has water in it when he puts a airgun to it. Is this normal? Heres a pic:

Name:  minihose5_zps5vzsokwc.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  203.1 KB

Ok, a girlie problem. I have a huge chest and it hits the bottom of the steering wheel. any way to lift the seat other then putting a pillow underneath me?

Old 05-11-2017, 05:33 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Dad is correct about the hose being the transmission breather. It looks normal.

Since this is the first time dad tears the engine and gets inside, I suggest cleaning the turbo inlet and outlet and do inspection later in the week to see if there is water. Since the weather is hot and maybe humid, there is a chance that there is condensation in the turbo inlet.

when you get a half or full check engine light, get the codes. either from autozone or pepboys or similar. Then, buy a BMW/MINI compatible OBD reader.

as for the seat adjustment, there is leaver on the left side that you can push up on to lift the seat. If you have it all the way up and still need more height, you can lower the steering wheel or even push it back. Otherwise, install some spacers under the seat tracks.

Forgot to mention that you have this post in the wrong section. Your car is R56 not F56.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 AM
thefarside
4th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Remove the zip tie from the vent pipe ASAP! Go to the link below and make sure your vent pipe looks the same, if not buy a new vent pipe. Treat your $6000 transmission with care and respect....

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/24007563920/

The OE Water pump was plastic, make sure you have one from cast aluminum, else replace.

Heat in the southwest kills rubber bushings used for engine mounts and suspension. Bad engine mounts are often hard to diagnose, are fairly inexpensive (from Febi or Lemforder) and are worthy DIYer tasks. Consider replacing them preventatively, rather then waiting for them to fail. And fail they will.

Unless you have service records indicating otherwise, assume the trans fluid is the factory fill and flush immediately.

How many miles on the car?

Post car pictures ASAP. We need to make sure you've solved your seat problem.........

Old 05-11-2017, 11:23 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
yes.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-end-info.html

All the newer pumps are metal on the outside, i changed out my old plastic one when it leaked, in about 2012-2013 MINI starting switch to the metal outside version. Febi and some others have metal impellers also.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8-no-heat.html

" as for the seat adjustment, there is lever on the left side that you can push up on to lift the seat. If you have it all the way up and still need more height, you can lower the steering wheel or even push it back. Otherwise, install some spacers under the seat tracks. "

+1

Water in the turbo inlet? Should be a little bit of oil residue and that about it. Do you have a picture of this water or any leaks from the coolant lines into the turbo?

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-08-2017, 10:54 PM
MINIGIRLIE19
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, my dad was soooo mad at me at what I wrote he took my ipad away. Just got it back. Car wont start now.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:10 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If the car was driven through high water it could explain the water in the inlet tube. Check the air filter for signs of water.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:51 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIGIRLIE19
Thanks guys, my dad was soooo mad at me at what I wrote he took my ipad away. Just got it back. Car wont start now.
How long has it not started? Is your battery okay? Does the starter turn?