Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

ABS module help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 PM
stiles165
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS module help

My Mini has had 2 lights on the dash since I bought the car. DSC and Tire pressure lights. I brought it to the dealers and they told me that its a problem with the ABS module. I was told that there are companys that sevice the modules but I would still have to come in to bleed the ABS system. So I have a coule of questios.

Has anyone ever had any experience with this? If so who should I send the module to? I

Once I get the module back, can I drive even though the ABS system is not bled?

thanks

Old 04-17-2017, 08:15 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
If it's just the electronics you can just get a used one install it and code it. You can just replace the electronic part and not have to bleed the brakes at all.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/abs-module.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 04-17-2017, 08:20 PM
stiles165
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok that sounds good but I was under the impression that the module and pump are one unit meaning that the brake lines would have to be disconnected to remove the module. Also aren't the modules coded to the VIN? Which would mean the dealership has to decide them? Is there a way I could do it at home for cheap/free?