Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

HPFP Again Again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 12:07 PM
dianna912
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HPFP Again Again?

I am just shy of two years since the last time I got my HPFP replaced by the horrible service manager at Winston Salem (only after getting taken for $900, I just like to add in case anyone else ever considers using them.) See the link for that saga here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...pfp-again.html

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a very sporadic sputtering on acceleration, typically in 6th gear. It's maybe happened four times total. Yesterday, the car made a bit of a clicking noise when it happened. It comes and goes so quick that I barely register it happened before it's over, so it's fairly hard to describe. Today, though, I noticed the tell-tale rough idle on cold start that accompanied my two previous HPFP replacements. Does the HPFP often have symptoms under acceleration, also? I don't remember having that from before, but it's been a while, so who knows? I have been much more diligent about never running it low, save for one lapse of good sense when I forgot my purse and had to dig up change to keep from dropping below 30 on the gauge. Otherwise, I always fill up at three bars.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:22 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Keep your receipt, MINI might cover it if it's been under 2 years. Pick another dealer if you did not have luck with the old one. Call them and see if it falls under that time period. Sometimes it will splutter on full pulls when its cold.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172