Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Trading in With CEL?

Old 02-26-2017, 12:30 PM
madmaxxed
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trading in With CEL?

I have been in the market for something new. My 2010 MCS will be traded in tomorrow. I received a check engine light that won't clear with my gopoint Bluetooth scanner. I'm sort of pinched between a rock and a hard place on timing and have no time to repair the issue before my trade in. Is this a common thing, trading in with CEL? I'd prefer to fix it before hand but I don't have the time. Do dealerships look past these issues? Should I worry? I was already given the trade in quote for my car and my new car is ready to go. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-26-2017, 12:36 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Not really, happens all the time. Dealerships are aware of this problem. Typically happens once you decided to trade your car in. Your current car get anxious about being sent packing so it tries to throw a wrench in the process but like you said, you've already made the decision. Have a heart to engine talk with your your car and put it at ease. I bet that CEL goes away quickly.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:42 PM
madmaxxed
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha!!! Phil isn't listening to me! I tried yelling, I tried reasoning, and got nowhere with him! Thanks for the reply! I tend to worry more often than not.

Search this Thread