Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Code 002C01

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 04:01 PM
UncDeo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code 002C01

I have a 2011 Cooper S....have already had the HPFP replaced under warranty a long time ago....and well out of warranty now Upon starting I have intermittent issues with the engine revving up and down...misfiring...popping...and then after a few minutes everything settles down and runs fine. Usually no power above 4k rpm...but it occasionally happens. I would say the "half engine" yellow light comes on 75% of the time I start the car. Do you guys think I have gone though another HPFP? In addition to the HPFP code....i get misfires from all 4 cylinders. Thanks for any info!!!

Old 02-20-2017, 01:19 AM
robbo mcs
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
High pressure fuel system minimum pressure undershoot

Potential problem source
- fuel tank is empty
- obstruction in fuel filter
- fuel pump defective
- fuel rail pressure sensor defective
- high pressure pump defective

Repair procedures
- Check low-pressure system (filter, pump pressure and flow rate, sensor, plugs/wiring harness), replace as indicated
- Low-pressure ECU (EKP electric fuel pump), read out diagnostic fault codes
- Delete adaptation data for fuel low-pressure contro
l- Check rail pressure sensor incl. plugs/wiring harness, replace as indicated
- Replace high pressure fuel pump

Old 02-20-2017, 02:22 AM
cerenkov
6th Gear
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
One thing that you can do is monitor the fuel rail pressure when this happens. You will need a smartphone app (such as Dashcommand or Torque) and an OBB2 adapter (any ELM327 compliant device should work).

Old 02-20-2017, 06:06 PM
UncDeo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you!!!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:43 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
That doesn't seem like a MINI fault code. Plug into your OBDII and see what fault codes are there. You might have a scanner that isn't reading the codes correctly, as it should read P code or MINI FC code.

You can test your HPFP and low pressure fuel pump using this article here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...mp_Testing.htm

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 02-21-2017, 11:55 PM
robbo mcs
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
That doesn't seem like a MINI fault code. Plug into your OBDII and see what fault codes are there. You might have a scanner that isn't reading the codes correctly, as it should read P code or MINI FC code.

You can test your HPFP and low pressure fuel pump using this article here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...mp_Testing.htm
It is a BMW fault code in ASCII. If you read my response above that is verbatim from a BMW list of fault codes.

However, the OP has the code as 002C01, the BMW documentation I have lists this as 0x2C01

Old 02-22-2017, 08:12 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Assuming that is how the OP's scanner is reading the code, then that is a MINI FC code, which is associated with a P code.

P302C MINI FC 0x2C01 High-pressure fuel system, fuel pressure: Pressure falls below minimum threshold

Thread with code and issue: http://www.mini2.com/forum/second-ge...e-r56-mcs.html. Again, the article I listed above can show you in the last figure how to plug in and test the HPFP to be sure, but that does sound like what you're dealing with here.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST