Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Rear Bumper is Flimsy

Old 02-15-2017, 08:13 AM
ATLR56s
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Bumper is Flimsy

I bought an '13 MCS a few weeks ago and I noticed that the rear bumper cover is really flimsy. Shame on me for not checking this when I bought the car but I'm hoping the community can help me figure this out.

I took a couple pics up under the bumper and it looks like there are mounting points for what would be stand-offs that attach to the undercarriage but there's nothing attached.

If someone would be kind enough to take a pic of their R56s up under the rear bumper for comparison I'd appreciate it.

Left Rear Bumper Stand off

Right Rear Bumper Stand off

Old 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Nothing goes in the hole on the left. But the one on the right if you look below it in the pic you will see the metal clip with screw in it. That is bent back and normally goes on that part on the right.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 02-16-2017, 06:16 AM
ATLR56s
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Nothing goes in the hole on the left. But the one on the right if you look below it in the pic you will see the metal clip with screw in it. That is bent back and normally goes on that part on the right.
Thanks Way! That was exactly the issue. I got it bent back into place and clipped in nice and tight.

Search this Thread