Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Issue with both windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Dieseldoctor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue with both windows

Hi guys, I should have listened......but I did't. I installed an aftermarket thermostat and housing on my wifes 08 clubman, even after reading on here that there are problems with them. I did for 2 reasons, it broke an hr from the dealer and I didn't want to rent a car to go get the part, and it was a little cheaper at advance auto and I could walk there. Well short story it spilled it's guts an hr from home in a doctors office. Wife was in the car and shut it down but didn't take the fob out of ignition slot. Naturally lights stayed on and killed the battery, key wouldn't come out and couldn't get it in neutral. Plastic pull under shift boot was already broke off. Finally put on cables and got it in neutral and flatbedded it home, rented car went to dealer bought proper housing and installed it. Now one would think my world is all rosey and one would be wrong. To my question, the windows roll down a bit when you open doors and rollup automatically when door is shut, but now mine won't roll up! Anyone out there know how to reprogramme them to shut. I assume it happened because of low battery voltage. Thanks all

Walt

Old 11-13-2016, 04:47 PM
Dieseldoctor
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks folks, I got it sorted out

Old 11-15-2016, 08:35 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Hello Walt - please post what resolved your issue so that if someone comes upon your thread and has the same exact issue they know where to start. Did you just need to recalibrate the windows?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST