Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Two dealer service questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Lyra
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my MINI Cooper S at MINI of Peabody in July 2002 and have been bringing my car there for service. I was just combing through my owner's manual and discovered the 2002/2003 Service and Warranty Information booklet. I'm embarassed to say I hadn't really checked this booklet out before. But now that I've read it, I'm upset because MINI of Peabody has not offered to stamp and date it when I've brought my car in for scheduled oil changes or scheduled maintenance insptections. The booklet claims it has to be stamped in order to comply with the terms of the warrantee.

This seems like a huge oversight. Has anyone else had this booklet stamped when they've brought their car in for scheduled service?

Also, I have asked the techs at MINI of Peabody twice now about the convenience window features that are mentioned in my owner's manual. The first time they told me you had to request this feature to be programmed. To which I responded, "Bring it on!" And by the way, what other cool features did I need to "request them to program?"

Unfortunately, the feature was not actually programmed upon request, even though they claimed to have done it. When I pointed this out and made a second request, the feature was still not programmed when I picked up my car. This time the explaination was, "not available on 2002." So why does my 2002 Owner's Manual talk about these features in detail?

Does any other 2002 Cooper S owner have this convienence feature working on their car? And did you have to request it, or was it active when you first took delivery of your car?

I keep reading on this site awsome praise for MINI of Peabody and their service department. I wish I could say I'm getting great service from these folks. But I haven't been! And I was one of the first people to get an order in for the Cooper S way back in 2000!

Old 05-18-2004, 11:25 AM
911Fan
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The booklet claims it has to be stamped in order to comply with the terms of the warrantee."

As long as you keep your receipts, you shouldn't have any problems.

"Unfortunately, the feature was not actually programmed upon request, even though they claimed to have done it. When I pointed this out and made a second request, the feature was still not programmed when I picked up my car. This time the explaination was, "not available on 2002." So why does my 2002 Owner's Manual talk about these features in detail?"

Unfortunately, this is SOP for MINI dealers. They don't have a clue about the so-called "convenience" options. If you have the stamina, you can work your way up the BMW hierarchy and you'll eventually get it resolved. But it might take the involvement of the Vice President of Something Or Other to get it taken care of. Crazy but true. (Ask me how I know...)