Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

HELP! My R52 dies every time it turns!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
SUPRAMO
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
HELP! My R52 dies every time it turns!

Hello.

I have a Mini Cooper S Cabrio '06 AT.

My problem is that i cant enjoy it because in the bmw/mini workshop here in Puebla, Mexico, the cant found the problem that it has..

First of all, one day i was driving it and then i have to take a turn to the right, i love mini because it feels like a kart, so with that sensation.. always i take the turns fast..
That day was the same, turn to the right.. the tires squeeze (make the noise of loosing grip) and then when i did the turn.. the car turns OFF!!! literally it dies... first this sign appears in the dashboard
(I have the dashboard who has two gauge's in the steering wheel and the big one in the center who includes the bar gauge)
it lose all the power.. when i turn it on again it makes the noise of everything is working fine but the bar gauge do not work and the car dont start.

This problem was it in my presentation.. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...g-problem.html

Now... for fourth time the cabrio is in the workshop of bmw/mini..
This is the problem, always in a turn loosing grip the car dies..
I have a new gas pump (because they thought that it was the problem) but no.
In the electrical box in the engine (fussible) the F3 burns everytime the car dies...

I put it in spanish the sign (<---this is it), im from mexico.
That is the ''fussible'' that everytime the car dies, it dies too...

And here are 3 pictures..

The tree times that the car dies... (whit the chief of the workshop, the mechanic of bmw/mini here in puebla)
Thats because last friday (10/14/2011) they give me the car saying that it is fine, everything was working even i told them that always in the turns the car dies.. they said to me that they use it and nothing happens.. for that reason i told them if they can come with me to drive my car, to proof if it works normally.. yes... 3 times the car dies.. i was very and then the mechanic discover that everytime the car dies a fussible (F3) dies too.
in the last proof (the third) he told me that maybe the problem will be with my ABS, for that reason he disconnect the abs (every electronic help was off) if he car dies again, isn't the ABS, but if it still running.. would be the ABS... i take the car to the turn and yes.. the car dies again..

Any solution? somebody has the same problem???
Sorry for my bad english.

Please i want my mini back!!!!!
Thanks!

Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
SUPRAMO
3rd Gear
Yesterday the gave to me my car.. everything is perfect right now.. But yes.. the problem was too small.. just a general cleaning in the fuse box... for that reason (dirty)... the fuse was doin electro failures and it blows everytime.
Hoping that it was the real problem.. lets try it for few more days.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:45 AM
SUPRAMO
3rd Gear
My mini is still ok... but now i have a brake problem... just waiting to a moderator to approve my Thread about the brakes....

Old 01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
SUPRAMO
3rd Gear
here the topic that i started to try to find the problem with my brakes...
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-cylinder.html