Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

"Mushrooming of shock towers" /NHTSA

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Brianf
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Mushrooming of shock towers" /NHTSA

I would strongly urge every Mini owner who has experienced and paid for shock tower damage due to "mushrooming" to file a complaint with the NHTSA. It is obvious to me that MIniUSA and BMW have decided to make this inherent design flaw a profit center for the cars it designed, manufactured, and sold. My repair bill was $1,400 for this problem.
BMW has not sent out any warning of this design flaw to owners, nor has it come up with its own retrofit to mitigate this design flaw. To my knowledge, they have not even sent out any technical bulletins related to the design flaw in the Minis.
BMW has not taken car of its customers with regard to the Mini, and it is essential that they correct this problem with a fair recall program.
In addition, there have been electrical failures of power steering units with regard to Minis that BMW has acknowledged with the NHTSA, but has chosen not to take measures to protect owners with a recall and resultant fix of the problem.
Please file the complaints in order to force BMW to address the above design flaws.
Thank you.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Jaxon
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminds me of Fight Club.