Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

THANK YOU - FLOW MINI IN WINSTON SALEM, NC

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 04:30 PM
mrednc
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently experienced my first engine/mechanical situation...fan running after shut-off (approx. 5 times), temp. needle pegging to H right before shut-off (2 times) and to cap everything off noticed fluid leaking from the front end. This all happened over the course of a week give or take a day. Once I noticed the fluid - immediately towed Cooper S to Flow Mini in Winston Salem, NC.

When all this began to occur I pulled my nose out of the performance/mod section of this website and began to read the section titled "beneath the bonnet"... For the first time I started feeling a little nervous about the Mini's reliability. I have 14,600 miles with my first engine/electrical/etc. problem but there seem to be many out there that are having numerous and early on problems. One in particular I remembered, but because my Cooper was in the shop could not check...leaky coolant overflow housing and brown/murky coolant.

I didn't want to add this concern, to this trip, so I never mentioned anything to my service rep. When I picked up my car this afternoon the Flow service tech. told me everything the mechanic found/fixed...also we completed your oil change...and BY THE WAY...we went ahead and replaced your coolant overflow tank with a new one and changed out your fluid because we have identified that as a common problem/concern.

This type of "work ethic" and business practice represents excellent customer service to me and makes me feel proud to own a Cooper S bought from this dealer. It's great to know someone else is "looking out" for you other than yourself. That doesn't happen very often in life. So, I end by saying, "Thank you Flow Mini for "looking out" for your customer and resolving potential problems before it becomes an inconvenience or I have to ask you!!"