Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe it would just be better for the Vendor to refund the money. Is it worth losing possibly $1000's of dollars worth of business over $180 pump?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it would be better yet if we sit back and let the vendor and customer work this out before playing Monday Morning Quarterback.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
Maybe it would be better yet if we sit back and let the vendor and customer work this out before playing Monday Morning Quarterback.
well actually im a Thursday Afternoon Quarterback. My names John NAMway. Okay bad joke aside. Agreed Ill just sit back and watch this unfold.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:37 AM
daemon2
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if/when Alta discontinued their high flow fuel pump?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
SPDinNY
5th Gear
funny how the vendor could pull up that tracking info but I could not.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 PM
ColinMc
4th Gear
Well the problem is UPS's tracking system on their website won't locate a tracking number after it's been a long period of time. When you call on the phone and you aren't a business calling the person on the other end uses the same database to look for said tracking number so they won't find it either. Once you pass the 90 day mark be happy you can get any information out of them at all. With some pull you can usually get information from the right person, but they need to know the UPS database very well, and need to WANT to help you for some reason...above and beyond normal customer support. Once it's past the claims date they have no reason to tell you anything since it's way too late to do anything about it. I've run into this problem before...maybe it's different now but I don't think so.

EDIT: Sometimes you can get lucky and the tracking number WILL still work...so I shouldn't say the first sentence there as being set in stone.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
A delivery guy left a shipment from DP at the wrong address if I had not been tracking it myself I wouldn't have known in time to contact the shipper and they retreived the package and brought it to me. Sense then I always ask for and get a tracking number from the vendor to follow it. Would like to say that in my time on NAM I've not read anything bad about 1Fastmini and my comments are not directed towards them but towards a buyer's and vendor's responsibility to follow up in a reasonable amount of time, a lesson learned the hard way.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
volki
3rd Gear
Although this is not a situation one wants to find himself/herself in via online ordering, I dont think 1FastMINI should be blamed here. They did their part and shipped the item in a timely manner (albeit, dont know whether a shipping tracking information was supplied or not). If they didn't do so, they should have used "signature required" service, so that the UPS would not leave packages -and all the responsibility with it- at the front door... Also note that, even with this service, sometimes they just leave packages all over the place without a signature. Really depends on the driver.

"Procrastination and its consequences" would really be a great title for this post. If the situation was realized in a month, UPS would have covered the cost if the package was insured. Even if not, they cover $100 with every shipment. The process to get money from them is not easy and straightforward, but if you can show that it was left on the front door and just disappeared, most likely you'll get an answer from them; 8 months later is just tooooo long to argue with anyone.

By the way, why would they loose $1000+ money when they didn't do anything wrong. I wonder how VISA is going to treat them. Again, they shipped the package and it got lost when UPS dropped it at the front door.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:53 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
Wow, Volki, sounds like you were there and witnessed the UPS driver drop off the package at the front door

If you read the OP, it says he contacted 1fastmini several times, so he hasn't waited 8 months to 'argue with anyone.'

And now 1fastmini has supplied a UPS tracking number that seems to be invalid.

I had a similar situation - caught 1fastmini in lies about a product I ordered from him, and this is one of the reasons why I didn't post about it. The OP is trying to get his issue resolved, get information on 1fastmini, and warn other consumers about a potential problem. What happened to customer service? Losing customers is how he could potentially lose $1000+.

Another reason I did not post on NAM about it is because he attacked me and others on our local club form, spewing lies and insults about me personally. Very professional.

BTW, I just tracked a package I shipped on 6/27/07 and it still shows up on ups.com so I don't buy the 'old data is purged' excuse. Try it for yourself
1Z05AE120162101794
or you might be able to just clink on this link http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p....x=0&track.y=0
so if he was able to provide a picture of a UPS tracking confirmation, why didnt he just provide a link to the tracking page?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
volki
3rd Gear
Wow, TReed.
That's a story. I never dealt with this vendor, so I had no idea...
In this case, I revert back to my "neutral" state on this
Thanks!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
The Vendor posted a pic of the UPS tracking info.

Am I being unreasonable to consider it inappropriate that the vendor posted the customer's address on a public forum?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would catch that screw up. I'm in agreement with you & I'm thinking it was most likely an oversight.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:20 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by daemon2
OK. I opened my claim with visa. I ran this tracking number on UPS and got this: "The number you ran is not a valid tracking number. Review and update the field below."
I called UPS, they ran the tracking number and said it was not a valid tracking number. They were also nice enough to run my address and check all deliveries around that time frame and said they had no packages in the system or attempted deliveries.
I have added a screen capture of the UPS website response in my gallery.
This is bad.
For customer inquiries UPS, FEDEx, DHL and others will only do so much. But they are required by law [aka Homeland Security] to permanently keep data on shipping [and other things we are not supposed to know about].

Ordered to dig deep enough, they can find out every detail on this shipment.

When you say you ran the tracking number do you mean the one in the pic supplied by the vendor? If so, make sure that you gave them the exact number. It's easy to get them wrong when transcribing or whatever.

Also, for plain old customers UPS only goes so far back. But they could still tell you that the tracking number was valid or not. For example, they can tell you what part of the number is inaccurate, if that is the issue.

Sidenote: Much of UPS customer service is pretty sad. Staffed with incompetents, rude and unprofessional people. Not saying UPS is the problem [rather than the vendor] but I would not trust everything UPS says on the phone. [Their drivers are great though, IMHO. Hard working and do what they have to do to get the job done.]

Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Hmm.... interesting, I entered that number and it came back as "not a valid tracking number."

Mystery continues. Now I am curious.

Could be that deadline issue I mentioned. Older shipments are purged from regular customer inquiries. Of course if this is the reason the info is not available to us plain folk, the website should mention this instead of saying "invalid number." The Site should tell us that customer inquiries go back three months, or whatever.

I do note that UPS has "Quantum View" that provides business shippers detailed information on shipments. I suspect that would allow this Vendor to go further back in time to check on deliveries.

Makes sense since many times warranties commence on the date something is delivered. I suspect that if vendors did not have this info, customers would fib on item receipt dates so to get warranty coverage beyond their expiration dates.

Last edited by MichaelSF; 08-14-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
ATCQL
5th Gear
Would like to jump in here and say,i have done business with Eddie and believe him to be an honest, and reputable businessman.I cannot picture him stiffing anyone about anything,especially in this community,which is his primary source of income.nuff said.Q

Old 08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by atcql
Would like to jump in here and say,i have done business with Eddie and believe him to be an honest, and reputable businessman.I cannot picture him stiffing anyone about anything,especially in this community,which is his primary source of income.nuff said.Q
Yes, it's pretty sad to see the thread title with the Vendor's ad. See attached.

Attached Thumbnails Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved-mini1fast.jpg  
Old 08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
kapps
6th Gear
I agree. I've also done business with him (he installed my pulley). Great guy and not the kind of person to rip someone off.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kapps
I agree. I've also done business with him (he installed my pulley). Great guy and not the kind of person to rip someone off.
And while this is not at all my business, so I should butt out [then again, he did post the thread and invited comments].....

I don't think it proper for someone to publicly accuse a NAM advertiser of ripping off customers, unless, of course, the business is truly ripping people off. If that's the case, one should warn people.

Just looking inside the gold fish bowl [again, since we were invited to] this seems like a miscommunication or at worst perhaps negligent customer service [but I doubt it, from what I have seen].

To accuse a business of stealing... that's a bit much.

Last edited by MichaelSF; 08-14-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Eddie@1FastMINI
Banned
Originally Posted by TReed
Wow, Volki, sounds like you were there and witnessed the UPS driver drop off the package at the front door

If you read the OP, it says he contacted 1fastmini several times, so he hasn't waited 8 months to 'argue with anyone.'

And now 1fastmini has supplied a UPS tracking number that seems to be invalid.

I had a similar situation - caught 1fastmini in lies about a product I ordered from him, and this is one of the reasons why I didn't post about it. The OP is trying to get his issue resolved, get information on 1fastmini, and warn other consumers about a potential problem. What happened to customer service? Losing customers is how he could potentially lose $1000+.

Another reason I did not post on NAM about it is because he attacked me and others on our local club form, spewing lies and insults about me personally. Very professional.

BTW, I just tracked a package I shipped on 6/27/07 and it still shows up on ups.com so I don't buy the 'old data is purged' excuse. Try it for yourself
1Z05AE120162101794
or you might be able to just clink on this link http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p....x=0&track.y=0
so if he was able to provide a picture of a UPS tracking confirmation, why didnt he just provide a link to the tracking page?

Ok, enough is enough.

Here is my side of the story:

TREED and a local club member broke the side skirt on her car while doing an oil change and tire rotation. I offered to sell the side skirt (to the other member) at my cost because I felt bad. I was told to order it and I did.
I after it came in I was told (by the other member) TREED was not making him pay for it so she would pay me for it. The agreed price was 275.00 including paint. I contacted TREED and told her that I had the part and was going to get it painted. Once the paint shop got the part they raised the price by 50.00 because it was 2 colors instead of 1. I contacted TREED who gave me such a hard time I told her I was willing to eat the cost and stick to the price I quoted. I then asked for payment and she did not want to pay until she had the part. We came to an agreement 200.00 down and the balance when she picked up the part. I gave the go a head to have it painted. I was told 2 days it ended up taking longer and she became very hostile. At that point I refunded her 200.00 and told her to shop elsewhere.

Did I mention she is my Ex ?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
New plan on how to solve this. I say we have a wrestling match. Whoever wins is right.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Eddie@1FastMINI
Ok, enough is enough.... Did I mention she is my Ex ?
WOW... if I was the Judge on this "case" that would explain everything.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by daemon2
OK. I opened my claim with visa. I ran this tracking number on UPS and got this: "The number you ran is not a valid tracking number. Review and update the field below."
I called UPS, they ran the tracking number and said it was not a valid tracking number. They were also nice enough to run my address and check all deliveries around that time frame and said they had no packages in the system or attempted deliveries.
I have added a screen capture of the UPS website response in my gallery.
This is bad.
Sounds like you covered it all, but did UPS also try to track by shipper?

Also, I think you are in Canada. Does UPS have different tracking requirements to Canada?

I just don't see why the Vendor would have any motive to make up a tracking printout and post it on the Net.

Having been on eBay since 1998 and had thousands of packages shipped to me via UPS, USPS, and FedEx, I can tell many stories about delivery services getting things screwed up, but I don't have an hour or two to go into it. But the services do screw up.

One time I tried to track a package via a UPS tracking number and it came up with the same invalid message. But about the time I was getting the invalid tracking message on my computer screen [trying 3 X to enter it] the UPS driver showed up with the package at my office. And then there was the time UPS said I got the $500 item ordered, I said no I did not, then they looked it up again and saw they misdelivered it to someone in a California town I never heard of. Got a full refund on that item. I digress.

As one member said, however, it looks to me like UPS delivered it to your front door and it got ripped off [albeit who in your neighborhood would want specialized MINI parts. I'm sure they were disappointed when they opened the box.]

All things being equal and accurate, I suspect that UPS is not getting you accurate info. Does seem odd, however, that they also don't show any info on a cross reference check [deliveries to your house.]

Last edited by MichaelSF; 08-14-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Mini-RI
2nd Gear
Definitely time for this to show up......

Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
I was told the piece would be ready in two days. On the second day he blamed the painter saying he had not even started on it yet because he was working on another car. I then contacted the painter directly and Eddie had not even taken the part to him to paint, actually he had never even spoken to Eddie about it since his original quote which was at a track day weeks prior. Eddie had given me a price before that track day, then when he saw the painter at the track day, decided to get an accurate price which was $50 more. He tried to blame the painter for misquoting, when in fact the painter never quoted a first price, then came back with a second price. This shop, Glimpse Auto Body in Winter Park, has painted several members' MINIs and is familiar that the aero kit is 2 colors. Eddie then called me and said, "This call is being recorded. I'm calling to let you know the piece you've ordered is ready for pick up at the shop." Not believing it was painted, I told him I would get it the next morning.
We then asked the painter if he would go pick up the part from Eddie (because we are in Tampa and they are both in Orlando). When the painter called Eddie, Eddie told him that he was not selling me the part.
I called Eddie on speakerphone with my husband and he answered the phone sounding friendly, "are you almost here?" WTF? After he told the painter just a few minutes before that he wasn't selling it to me? I told him no, that since he told the painter he was not selling me the part then he needed to refund my credit card or I would dispute the charges. Then he tried to say he'd have to charge me a restocking fee.
He lied about it from start to finish, and THAT is the reason I demanded a refund. And I had to threaten to cancel the credit card charge to get it.

Oh, and BTW I am NOT his EX. As I said, he would reply with lies about me. I'm just another female member that he has TRIED to swap sex for parts.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Lisa@1FastMINI
Banned
Tracey, I'm sorry that Eddie chose me over you. Unfortunately, I think this thread should deal with the issue at hand, not your personal life.

BTW When the whole issue came up with your side skirt, I urged Eddie not to get involved. Unfortunately, he is just a good guy and wanted to help out a fellow SSM member. In the end we got burned and are now stuck with a CR aero kit side skirt...if anybody needs one.

I have witnessed Eddie spending multiple hours trying to track down this package with UPS. I am hopeful that the misunderstanding will be resolved quickly.

Quick Reply: Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved