Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Rear window washer nozzle??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM
truckins10
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear window washer nozzle??

Hey guys, Ive serached the forum over and can not find anything. I damaged the plastic insert that fits into the end of the wiper motor shaft(the washer nozzle) But the dealer cannot find this part for me. Can some one help, maybe a part number or a alternative fix/replacement. Thanks guys

Old 05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
truckins10
Neutral
The dealer cant tell me for sure, but they assume it is part of the washer motor. Can someone tell me how the rear squirter works?? Does it squirt straight out, hit the wiper arm cover, then reflect out to the rear window. Or does it just have a 90 degree angle on the nozzle that directly aims at the window?? Thanks for the help guys.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
jggimi
3rd Gear
Here's a parts explosion:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...81&hg=61&fg=45

From your description, it could be the "grommet" -- or it could be the "wiper arm cover" or it could be part of the "rear window wiper motor" itself, which is a complete$ replacement$ part$. :(

As I recall, the wiper arm cover, which might be the damaged component, is easy to knock out-of-place while remaining attached. If so, it will block the spray. When that part is latched back into place, the spray travels up the gap in the cover.

All I've ever done is knock that out of place and later snap it back into place. Perhaps the parts explosion will help you (or your dealer) figure out what exactly was damaged.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:11 PM
louisut
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I recently had the same problem (replacing the rear washer nozzle / jet), but found a fix.

I broke mine while trying to clean it. BMW does not sell the part separately, but fortunately it's a part that's also common to VW hatchbacks, and they do sell it separately as pn 3B9-955-985-A.

I bought on ebay for $12 and it fit perfectly. I had to adjust the nozzle aim slightly with a pin, but that was it. HTHs the next person!

Old 05-15-2019, 05:20 PM
zea mays
Neutral
Originally Posted by louisut
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I recently had the same problem (replacing the rear washer nozzle / jet), but found a fix.

I broke mine while trying to clean it. BMW does not sell the part separately, but fortunately it's a part that's also common to VW hatchbacks, and they do sell it separately as pn 3B9-955-985-A.

I bought on ebay for $12 and it fit perfectly. I had to adjust the nozzle aim slightly with a pin, but that was it. HTHs the next person!
Now I am resurrecting an old thread! The dealer discovered that the nozzle was missing when my 2014 R60 was in for routine maintenance today. They quoted me $542(!!!!) to replace the entire motor because the nozzle isn't sold separately. Needless to say, I decided to scour the internet to see what could be done before EVER agreeing to that price. I think I'd just remove the darn thing first, LOL! I've found a couple knock offs of the VW part you listed on Amazon (2 for $10) for me to try out. If that doesn't work, then I'll try the $20 OEM VW part. I shall update this with what I find out. If I can save $532, I will be amazingly excited.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:51 AM
zea mays
Neutral
Originally Posted by zea mays
Now I am resurrecting an old thread! The dealer discovered that the nozzle was missing when my 2014 R60 was in for routine maintenance today. They quoted me $542(!!!!) to replace the entire motor because the nozzle isn't sold separately. Needless to say, I decided to scour the internet to see what could be done before EVER agreeing to that price. I think I'd just remove the darn thing first, LOL! I've found a couple knock offs of the VW part you listed on Amazon (2 for $10) for me to try out. If that doesn't work, then I'll try the $20 OEM VW part. I shall update this with what I find out. If I can save $532, I will be amazingly excited.

Okay. The part came yesterday and I had mixed results. The spot where the nozzle inserts on my R60 is rusted and has a crack in it (which is probably how I lost the first one - maybe in a car wash or something?). See below:

Because of that the part didn't fit snugly into the wiper assembly. I wrapped a tiny strip of electrical tape around the nozzle and it fit much more snugly. Then, as an extra insurance, I wrapped the whole wiper assembly and just onto the nozzle with electrical tape. I doubt the electrical tape will outlast the elements, so I will have to get some waterproof tape to ensure durability. One other note was that aligning the nozzle direction took a little perfecting. I had to have a mother person watch while I sprayed the washer so that we could align it. A sewing needle easily moved the nozzle direction but it was a two person job to get that right. Overall, I'm pleased. Maybe eventually, I'll want the larger repair, but for now it's fully functional and the cost was minimal. Hope this helps someone!