Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

How adjust aim of windshield washers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:44 AM
phinmak
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How adjust aim of windshield washers?

I've an '04 Mini S that had the entire bonnet replaced recently due to some front end damage. I've just had it back from the shop and they did not bother to aim the windshield washers!

Before I go messing around under the hood or trying to force the little jets around in their sockets, I thought I'd ask the group. I've searched this forum, google, and also MotoringFile with no luck. Please don't tell me I need a special tool or have to take the underside of the bonnet apart to get at some set-screw! I was really hoping to just be able to grab a screwdriver and have this done during my lunch break rather than having to take it back to a shop!

Thanks for your help --

-- PhinMak

Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 AM
miminut
3rd Gear
Location: Half Moon Bay California, 25 miles south of SF on the coast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aiming windshield washer jets

Just put a straight pin in the jets and steer them to where you want them to be.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also check the supply line for kinks. I had a problem with the jets hitting low on the windshield (below the wipers) after some bonnet work and thought they were misaligned. As it turns out, there was a kink in the hose right next to the passenger side bonnet hinge that was reducing the pressure of the washer fluid. Once the hose was adjusted, I was back up to full jet pressure and realized that the aim of the jets was just fine.