Where to go for a drive around LA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM
jcw joe
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go for a drive around LA?

Hi guys,

I have a spare day in LA this Wednesday November 10 and have hired a Corvette convertible to do some driving and sight seeing.

I arrive at LAX at 10am, where I will pick up the car, and I need to be back at the hotel in LA downtown by 5pm.

So I'm thinking of heading up to Malibu via the San Diego Fwy, Mulholland Hwy and back via the Pacific Coast Hwy:

My Saved Places - Google Maps

Should I be able to do this comfortably in a day, including a stop for lunch and a few photos?

Any advice on the route will be gladly received!

Thanks

Joe

Old 11-05-2010, 06:06 AM
krim
5th Gear
I think if you leave around 10am, you could take a run at Glendora Ridge Road/Glendora Mountain Road and make it back with plenty of time.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
ladius
1st Gear
Hello,

The route you chose from PCH up to Mulholland is great. From PCH up to Encinal is very tight. I've ridden it on my motorcycle a few times and it's a lot of fun. I've never driven a Corvette but I get the feeling this road might not be that fun in that car.

I'd like to suggest taking Encinal from PCH. Encincal has fast sweeping turns which might be better suited to the large engine Corvette. Here's a map I drew up

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,1.053314&z=10

Last edited by ladius; 11-09-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: post got cut off!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:23 PM
ladius
1st Gear
Not sure why but my post got cut off. After the link to the map, i wrote that Encinal is a lot of sweeping curves that can be taken at speed, what seems perfect for the vette. Don't worry, you'll get some tight technical stuff before you get to the Rock Store. Then you meander along Mulholland (there is one detour you can take along the way if you're interested) then hit the freeway for a bit then hit some city canyons. You can stop at the overlook for a great view of downtown.

Have a great drive. enjoy your stay in the city of angels...

Originally Posted by ladius
Hello,

The route you chose from PCH up to Mulholland is great. From PCH up to Encinal is very tight. I've ridden it on my motorcycle a few times and it's a lot of fun. I've never driven a Corvette but I get the feeling this road might not be that fun in that car.

I'd like to suggest taking Encinal from PCH. Encincal has fast sweeping turns which might be better suited to the large engine Corvette. Here's a map I drew up

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,1.053314&z=10