Minis For Kids 2009 - Oct 3rd - Redland, Ca

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minis For Kids 2009 - Oct 3rd - Redland, Ca

http://www.minisforkids.com/

The Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House is dedicated to the health and well-being of children. The mission is to provide a home-away-from-home for families of critically ill and injured children receiving medical treatment at Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital and nearby medical facilities.

Opening in 1996, the House has provided assistance to more than 10,000 families of children from throughout California and around the world. The Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House is a symbol of courage, comfort and above all, HOPE. Be a Part of The House That Love Built® MINI Roads Lead To The Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House. 100% of the proceeds from this event go to Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House. Please visit their website to learn more about the house. LLRMH.ORG

MINI OWNERS: Please go to Car Owner Registration to register your car. If you want additional event T-Shirts please email Ed at minisforkids@me.com. Please specify the size and we will hold these T-Shirts at the registration table. T-Shirts will be on sale the day of the event.

VENDORS: Please go to Vendor Registration to register for the event. Any questions please email Ed at minisforkids@me.com.

VOLUNTEERS: If your heart is encouraging you to be part of our organizing committee or to volunteer the day of the event please email Kevin at kevcon5@yahoo.com.

GENERAL PUBLIC: All are welcome. The venue will include lots of MINI/Mini Coopers and specialty vehicles. It will be full of sights, sounds ,surprises, food and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. Come and contribute to The Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House®

INDOOR KART RACING: Saturday evening @5:00pm the event will continue at Pole Position Raceway in Corona. If you cannot make the day event come join us for the evening event. Pole Position will be contributing a portion of their proceeds that evening to LLRMH. Discount tickets on sale now . Please email Ed at minisforkids@me.com for further information.

SUNDAY OCT 4th MINI COOPER RUN: Departs at 9:00AM. A day long run through the San Bernardino Mountians. Plenty of twisties, lakes, forrest, and fresh mountain fall air. We will pass by Lake Silverwood, stop for lunch in Lake Arrowhead, then on to Big Bear Lake for a quick stop of coffee or a refreshment of your choice. Our Drive will then take us down the backside of the mountains past Jenks Lake, Angeles Oaks, and into the small community of Mentone Beach for our last stop at A & W Rootbeer. Drive at our pace, or at your own pace. Just be there!!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
bump!!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
3 more days!!

Old 10-02-2009, 06:17 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
bump!! see every one in the morning!!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 PM
JeffreyC
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was looking forward to doing the Sunday run but....the link posted by the OP doesn't work (it's .net, not .com) and when I finally found the site earlier this evening, there was no Sunday run. Apparently it was changed to Saturday afternoon :(

Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 AM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
there was a lot to do on Saturday!! i was done after the run. but it was a great day! thanks to every one who put this together,,,,

The highlights of the day:

* over 5000 raised for the RMH
* A 17 year old kid was given the best b-day gift, he was surpised with his own MINI
* the drive was nice and thank gowd the fire wasnt near us.
* great park, great weather, and great food!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:38 PM
TigerDave
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good turnout. Would liked to have seen more of the general public though. Perhaps some signs posted on the surrounding streets would have helped?

Anyway, here are some pics I took of the event.

http://www.tigerdave.com/minis4kids/

I'd love to see others. And next time I'll try to shoot some video -- especially while zooming around up in Big Bear.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:55 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
i think there was signs, but the city of Redlands took them down for not haveing a sigh permit... I over heard some one talking

great photos!!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
TigerDave
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks.

Hmmm, perhaps some sign twirlers? Do you need permits for that?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
wikedgolf
6th Gear