FREE Slot Car Racing in Houston!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 07:01 PM
d2mini
5th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
FREE Slot Car Racing in Houston!

Hey folks!
RussGB has GRACIOUSLY offered his shop to us Houston area members for a day of FREE slot car racing!!!
That's right... here's a little blurb straight from Russ....

Free completely. Get your Minis out there, bring your kids, wives, friends, parents, whatever. We'll supply cars to race, controllers etc. We'll run the race. I'll give a Mini (probably the one of the ones we raced) to the winning driver and I'll knock 10% off any MINI or MINI race set if the buyer can show me his/her MINI keys. And I'll do the same pricing if they pre-order any MINI or MINI race set.
No charge, gratis, not a penny need come out of thier pockets!

If we get more than 30 or 40 racers we can split them into 2 groups. We'll put the younger ones (assuming there'll be some kids) on the oval and let them race each other, and the more serious people on the raod course! I think I might have a MINI model kit I can use as a seperate prize for the kids if we do this. But I think we could run up to about 40 on the road course. We have a computer system for race management. Each driver will rotate through the lanes twice, i.e. each will get 8 races.

Pics of the tracks and cars are up on www.hsarc.net

How cool is that?! Slot car racing is sooooo much fun, and the cars these days are so detailed! I'm sure you've seen pics of the scalelectrix(sp?) kits floating around here...

First I want to gauge interest, then I'd like to set up a date, preferably soon! We need to agree on a Sunday. And this is in Cypress (NW Houston).
So who want's in???
I DO! I DO! I DO!
Kids are more than welcome, so let me know about those little buggers too! And you Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and inbetweeners are all welcome. The more the merrier!
We are tentatively thinking of Nov. 14th, but that can change depending on response.
The main thread is at CooperSpeed...
http://www.cooperspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1216
Or if you don't want to register there, you can reply here.

Thanks!