South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:48 AM
minicoop78
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i have talked to a bunch of people now who have said that to do the timing the piston needs to be cylinder #1 top dead center
well we did it and the car still doesnt run
the problem is that minis are new so there is no reason why anyone would know how to time it. however there must be someone. i have ran out of ideas so anyone who has some fresh ones or wants to try to help me figure this out, would be he;pful this is driving me nuts
basicly what i know is that there are cam marks and crank marks the cam i idiot proof so that doesnt matter but the crank is different. i have tried calling a bunch of dealers around the country but no such luck. if anyone is a really good bs'er and could somehow manage to get someone at mini to look this up that would be the best thing
coop
this really sucks

Old 02-26-2004, 12:21 PM
02s79fj40
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing? Changing the cam or something? Anyway, it's possible you are at top dead center on the wrong stroke. I've done this before after doing head work on my pickup. You might want to try removing the cam gear and rotating the bottom end to tdc again.Then put it back together. I'm not a mini tech, but this could be your problem.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:28 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, I started a few threads on other sites pointing to this thread with hopes someone out there knows the answer.