South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

Where are the Texas Clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Minipalooza
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the Texas Clubs?

Ack help, I cant seem to find any mini clubs in Texas. My husband and I are going to be PCSing to El Paso and I am trying to locate a Mini Club but am having no luck. The Sun City Mini Club has no returns on a search so I am at a loss. Anyone that can help it would be great.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
vnyne100
Neutral
Hello! My name is Vince Diaz. My wife and I have put together group of MINIs that gathers about once a month for a drive and what not. We are not a "club" so to speak, but we love our cars and would be more than happy to have you join us on our meets. You can find more info at http://epminis.com We are also on Facebook if that's more your preference.

We will be taking a drive up to Hatch NM on the 28th of August and it would be great if you could join us. We may meet a few folks from the British Motoring Car Club of New Mexico. They are a proper club and you may be interested in meeting them as well.

We have some MINI friends at Ft. Bliss as well. Please contact us for more info!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 AM
John_B
2nd Gear
Well I think there is only one Sun City in Texas, the one in Georgetown - and I doubt you wanna be a member of that club! Sun City is a 55+ retirement community, and it's full of blue hairs (I live one road down from the entrance).

There is the Austin Mini Cooper Car Club that is hosted on Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Mini-Cooper-Car-Club/), which I'm a member of. We have some cool events and drives, but it's quite a way from El Paso! If you happen to swing out towards Austin though, drop in for one of our events! We have a meetup with the Burnet Highland Lakes Squadron Commemorative Air Force and BBQ (& drive) on September 10th.

Rgds,

John B