South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Moving to Fayetteville NC recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:37 AM
pcnorton
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Fayetteville NC recommendations?

I'm going to be moving down for work at Ft. Bragg for a year. Any recommendations for 1 bedroom apts, Which Mini dealership would you recommend? Towns to look into <20min commute preferable. I will be moving in about a month.

Most of common pitfalls or things to avoid. i.e. crime areas, traffic problems etc.

Thanks.

Paul

Old 02-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendation?? Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Seriously though, the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area has plenty of housing within 20 minutes of post. That's one of the things this area excels in. The other two are restaurants and car lots. Dependent on your budget, you can land a pretty nice place if you can fit into the over $450 bracket. There are cheaper places, but the pricing drops according to how bad an area you want to live in.

Crime? I'd say it was on par with any town twice it's size, which is typical of a military town....but it has improved!

MINI dealers? You've got a choice here. Flow in Winston-Salem or Hendricks in Charlotte. Both are just at 2 hours away. I've dealt with Flow for 2 years. They're good to work with and seem to be a mod friendly dealer (if you're concerned about that). Hendricks just opened in November but the manager there has shown great promise. I'd give both a big .

M2C2 is the club covering both North and South Carolina. The closest chapter we have to us is in Raleigh right now (about a 45 minute drive). I believe you'll find a list of the club benefits (discounts and such) at the top of the club forum.

Traffic? can be exceedingly bad depending on the time of month (revolving around military paydays). Right now with a lot of the military gone it's gotten better.

Most common pitfall? Coming here in the first place.

I'll be happy to delve deeper. Just PM me. :smile: