South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

High Country Leaf Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 03:30 PM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
Location: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Country Leaf Rally, Oct 23, 2004

Hi to my fellow Carolinians! I don't know if this is the correct place to post an event, but want to be sure to tell you about this get-together that a few other Owners-In-Waiting & I are organizing! I'd really appreciate your suggestions, and hope that you'll join us!
NOTE: Have changed the start time to 10:30. Better?

How about the windiest twisty roads you can imagine, the scenic splendor of our Appalachian mountains, authentic country life on the roads less traveled, and the crisp beauty of fall leaf color? - -

WHEN: Saturday, Oct 23, 2004
WHERE: Sugar Grove, NC (About 12 miles West of Boone)

TENTATIVE PLAN (Any and all ideas welcome!): We'll meet up at the Historic Cove Creek High School (home of the Doc & Merle Watson Folk Music Museum; see www.CoveCreek.net for map and info) at about 10:30 on the 23rd; start with a little bluegrass. I'll have some Doc Watson CDs for folks to play while on the drive so that you can feel in character! Then, up & around George's Gap Road and other twisties to the backside of Beech Mountain, down the front side of Beech to Banner Elk and a yummy lunch, then perhaps to Grandfather Mountain & the Mile-High Swinging Bridge, then possibly down the Blue Ridge Parkway to at least the Linville Viaduct. If you want to stay in the area on Friday night, I'll put as many as possible up at my place or can find you a really neat bed & breakfast! We do have motels too! - -

What do you think? Please let me know if you can make it!
CONTACT me with any questions, comments, etc! Hope to see you here!