Sota MINIs The Sota MINIs (Minnesota) club forum.

MINIsota :: We need to organize

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 12:07 PM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12-ish works for me!

Old 11-11-2004, 06:42 AM
adame
so what's the status today? Anyone want to do lunch (I hopep so, cuz I didn't bring one with... )

Old 11-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry

Hey Guys I'm sorry I dissapeared for a while. Academic duties had me calling. I'm open for any lunch anytime! And the Weekends mean I'm free also.

P.S. please try to keep the times in the afternoon! lol I do like my sleep. :smile:

Old 11-12-2004, 07:35 AM
adame
Today - Culvers - Noon

Maximusmini and I are meeting for lunch today. If you can make it, we'll be at the Culver's in St. Paul, off of 94. We'll be slammin' butterburgers and talking about the fall of The Dragon.

Culver's of St. Paul
2065 Old Hudson Road
St. Paul, MN 55102
651-735-0444
FAX 651-735-0888

Old 11-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
will be there!

Old 11-12-2004, 04:38 PM
puck
2nd Gear
Sorry guys. I wasn't.

Let me know about the next one though. My schedule is still pretty wide open until I can get this tutoring job or something happens.

BTW I made another tweak to my electronics the other day. Got a 6 switch toggle panel and, with Ian's help, wired it along with my MINI Circuit so that the rear fog switch runs my driving lights. Much nicer than the original switch... which went away when I installed the parcel shelf anyway... etc, etc, etc...

Well, I think it's neat anyway.

Also got my Green Stuffs installed. Adam, Zack, you guys should seriously consider them. I installed them in the front only, and after a week the front wheels are still cleaner than the rears. And this after I reinstalled my white S-Lites. Amazing. I do have a little squeaking going on, but I had that with the original pads too, so I don't know what to think about that.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Squeaking is normal but the green stuff's not for me, I need some hardcore race pads. my street driving is too rough for the green stuff. thanx for the rec's though.

Old 11-14-2004, 05:33 AM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
Zak, you must be a mad man. I've done track events on my OEM pads, and they were acceptable ... actually, for an OEM pad, they work pretty darn well on the track, and they're GREAT for autocross. I do think they're too 'dusty', though

If the green stuff's stop as well cold and hot as the OEM pads *AND* dust less, I might actually buy a set! And as cheap as I am, that's saying something about how much I like brake dust

I think a lot of Mini owners are nuts , short of an Integra Type-R and an M3, I have never driven a stock car that brakes 'as well as' a Mini, let alone better Heck I autocrossed a Subaru WRX STi once this summer, and it doesn't feel like it brakes as well as a Mini, and it has those big 4 pot brembo calipers on it (although in fairness it is stopping a fair bit more car than a mini).

Old 11-15-2004, 05:42 AM
Dave&Stacy
2nd Gear
Anyone know someone in the TC area with a DS JCW S? Happened to see it this weekend when coming back from the service dept. It was on I-35E going North.

Oh...also had a "Helix Motorsports" sticker on the passenger rear window.

-Dave & Stacy

Old 11-15-2004, 05:58 AM
adame
Puck - Congrats on the new stuff! We just got a bunch of CD shelves for our house...oh - wait... that's not MINI related, hmm..

Thanks for the recommendation of the pads. So far I'm liking my Ferodo DS2500s up front. Although, I'm finding that I dive lots under heavy braking - almost entirely due to the fact that my rear pads and rotors are almost toast.

Zack and I met for lunch at Culvers the other day and then unloaded his old wheels and went for a short spin - woohoo! It was awesome to watch him get a little sideways in the rear view mirror! Nice work. So yeah - he's an animal his yellow MACHINE.

Old 11-15-2004, 06:34 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Adam, btw I hate getting sideways, i think you know that. I was pushing her a lil bit, I need some H & R's if I keep her, I'm still debating whether to get an S. So far I've been shopping. Not the greatest things out there although, There is a Nice '04 MC40 at the dealership I've been keeping my eye on. Hmm, anyone wanna help me strip my header? I know it's easy, just a PIA to get it out, if ya know what I mean? I know I haven't told many people about my S shopping because I wanted to keep it on the Low Down. I have dropped the thought of the Automatic S and jump for the 6 speed Man, it's just flat out faster I know. Again I'm up for lunch anytime now. Lets get some participation going, we need some events. Lunch as a group at a pizza place, weekly starbucks meetings, anything also movie nights sounds good. We could invade a local movie theatre. Anything!

Old 11-15-2004, 05:01 PM
2005LY
3rd Gear
I'm actually in the Cities all week this week, but mostly booked due to training schedules for work.

Swung by Southdale tonight and saw that MC40, Zack. I can't believe I haven't seen another MINI over the past few days I've been here. I'm staying right off of France and 494.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Yes, thanks for the reinforcement of the MC40 being there. I needed it. I need to get to Southdale sometimes soon! Tomorow is for me! anyone up for a trip? Invade the Mini Store in Southday? Come On! Anyone? Anyone? lol, I think a few of you knwo what Movie thats from? Adam! You better Know this one!

Old 11-16-2004, 04:47 AM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to admit to frequent ikea trips or not, but I may or may not have noticed that earlier this summer there was an MC40 on display at Ikea.

This weekend, I may or may not have noticed that this MC40 was gone, mysteriously removed since the last time I had seen it month or so before... Kind of a bummer, it was cool to see a Mini when you walked in

Old 11-16-2004, 05:49 AM
adame
Zak in an MC40?! Yowza!

And I'm sorry - I don't know what movie that is...I'm thinking I should though...

Funny that you mentioned Ikea! My wife and I just went there this weekend also and we talked about whether or not the MINI would still be there. <sigh> Alas, it was gone.....

How awesome would it be if their parking lot was actually paved and we could use a corner for an autocross!

Old 11-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Ferris Bueller's Day Off! Come on now! lol j/k. now, Every Highschool Students Movie. It was on last night and I decided to throw that out there. Hmm Anyone spot andy MCS's lemme know.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:11 AM
adame
D'oh!! of course...

I saw a BRG MCS on my way to work this morning. I imagine it's what I would look like had I purchased the S, cuz the front wheels were grey and the whole car was pretty much dirty!

Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Ok I'm on my way to the dealer right now to discuss options etc. I may order a new MCS or if I could get the one I want that they already have on the lot. hmm....

Old 11-16-2004, 08:09 AM
adame
whoa!! Good luck man. Ask for Gretchen, she's awesome.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Follow-up

I don't where to begin. Things went hay-wire, 15k? Huh? Now alot of you would highly disagree with me as that for being a selling dollar? Formy car? Now for my other thing, Adam, mind if I keep learning to drive a stick with your Mini? I need to get this down. I'm just going to have to accept the truth.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:36 PM
puck
2nd Gear
Is that what they offered you on trade? If so, I'm sure they have to leave room for profit. I imagine you could get more than that selling it outright, but you'd have to find the right person.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
I could not agree anymore with you. I think they offerred me that much because they wouldn't be able to find a suitable buyer for it. And that person would have to be me before my Power *****-ness came out.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maximusmini
I could not agree anymore with you. I think they offerred me that much because they wouldn't be able to find a suitable buyer for it. And that person would have to be me before my Power *****-ness came out.
"Power *****-ness!" Too funny, Zak! Hmmm...was it your trip to the Dragon that whored you up? Get the six-speed....you KNOW you want it!

Clover

Old 11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
no clo it wasn't the dragon, I've always been a pwer ***** for the cooper. Just too much dollar per hp going into it and it's costing be a fortune.

Old 11-17-2004, 05:45 AM
adame
I think they gave you a low-ball number cuz it's yellow instead of BRG!

We can for sure get out more and practice the whole clutch dealy...althoug, I might have to start takin' deposits if you don't learn fast enough! HA! Kidding - you were doing awesome.

Quick Reply: MINIsota :: We need to organize