Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Private Message alert

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 10:24 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't receive many private messages, so I don't look at the top-left of the screen all the time. The messages I received went unnoticed for days.

Is there a way to add a javascript pop-up or some such to alert the member when there are unread private messages? Maybe this could be done at the start of the browser session ( I never log off, but I do restart my browser sessions).

Old 01-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
The notification has already been "upgraded" once to its current method and location. It used to be at the very bottom of the left-hand menu column. The little car is new too - it is in color when you have new, unread messages, black and white when you don't.

I've just made it a point to glance at the icon everyday - not that I get that many PM's either.

Yours is still a good question, but I thought I'd just give you the history thus far!

Old 01-16-2003, 10:40 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Thanks!

Old 01-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually have it on the development plan to offer the ability to email you when you get a PM. This would be a user preference that you could turn on/off as you see fit.

Mark