Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Suggestion: Easier local club forum access

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestion: Easier local club forum access

(this was already sent to the webmaster via the "contact us/feedback" link, but I decided to post it here as well)

Your main forums page gives excellent, 1-click access to most of the forums. However, many of us of course also like to check the local club's forum as part of our daily activity. It really becomes quite tedious to have to first go into the appropriate "Club and Regional Forums" section before then clicking on the club's forum.
In the future, do you think it will be possible to set a "preferred club" in our preferences, and have easy 1-click access to that club's forum from the main page? You already have easy access to so many other things (like PMs, User CP, Buddy List, etc), using the stored cookie. This small enhancement would really make using the site faster and easier on a daily basis.

Thanks

Old 04-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
This is a great suggestion and something that would be great to implement. Unfortunately it will require some development work (ie - customization) that I'm unable to do right now given other projects I'm working on for the site. In the meantime I would recommend saving an additional bookmark for your forum. To do this just click on Forums in the header, expand the regional category where your club resides, right click on your club and select "Bookmark this link" (or similar based on what your browser is). This should at the least help you get to your forum more quickly.

Again, great idea and something I'll look into later this year.

Mark

Old 04-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
That'll be great, once you get time to work on it.

As it is now, I always look in the "recent posts" in the hopes that someone has posted on the DCMM forum recently... and since DCMM is usually quite busy, there often is. Then I can click on the link below the topic to directly open the forum. Heh.

Your bookmark suggestion is a good one, but I'm lazy with my bookmarks... lots of bookmarks, almost no organization (therefore a massive long list of disorganized, non-alphabetized bookmarks). I tend to type (using AutoFill too) the addresses of the sites I visit most often.

Heck, even better than my original suggestion - a customizable NAM toolbar, with 1-click access to ANY number of frequented NAM forums (mine would mostly be MINI Talk, Navigation & Audio, and DCMM, for example... 3 toolbar buttons). But I realize that a special toolbar would likely be much more work than my original suggestion, so I won't push it.