Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

e-mail notifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Basil
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we supposed to get e-mail notifications when someone replies to a thread that your subscribed too ?

Thanks

Old 06-12-2002, 07:43 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Basil,
Actually you can subscribe to a particular forum and any posting or reply to a thread within that forum should cause an email to be sent to you. Are you experiencing problems with receiving the email from a specific forum? Let me know as I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards,

Mark

Old 06-13-2002, 08:37 PM
Basil
1st Gear
Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I don't get e-mail notifications from ANY threads that i've posted on here, not even this one. If I did, I would more than likely be here more often. Maybe it's a software glitch, or maybe there's a function I should have turned on.

Let me know if you find a problem: basil@mini2.com

Thanks

:smile:

Old 06-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Mark
Basil,
I'll drop you an email to see if we can get this issue figured out. If anyone else is having a similar issue please send email to feedback@northamericanmotoring.com and we will work with you to resolve the issue. Thanks again!

Mark

Old 06-13-2002, 11:14 PM
Basil
1st Gear
Okay Mark,

I've got your e-mail and followed your instructions. If you post a reply to this one, I'll see if I get a notification, and let you know.

Cheers

Andrew

Old 06-13-2002, 11:48 PM
Mark
Basil,
Thanks for working with me to make sure the forum subscription feature was working correctly. I'll be adding information to the FAQ area on how everyone can set this feature up. Thanks again!

Mark

Old 06-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Mark
While we're working on launching the FAQ area I wanted to mention a feature that all users might want to use to automatically receive, via email, posts and replies to forums.

To configure the feature:

1) Click on the "Forums" link when you first visit the site.
2) In the upper left of the forum list area you should see a "Edit Your Preferences" link...click on it
3) Check the boxes next to the forums you want to subscribe to and click "Save Preferences"

You will now receive an email copy of each post and reply made to the forums you selected.

Enjoy!

Mark

Old 06-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Basil
1st Gear
>>Basil,
>> Thanks for working with me to make sure the forum subscription feature was working correctly. I'll be adding information to the FAQ area on how everyone can set this feature up. Thanks again!
>>
>>Mark

no problem Mark, Hopefully I'm the only idiot here who couldn't work it out......

Basil

Old 06-15-2002, 11:50 PM
Basil
1st Gear
Doh !!. Ok. suggestion. Being automatically subscribed to threads when you start one, or reply to one would be good. To subscribe to a whole forum catagory means I now receive e-mail notifications for every single post to every single thread subject in the catagory I've subscribed too.

Mark is aware of this, but if anyone else has turned off subscribing because of this, it would be helpful if you posted here to let him know about it.

Cheers

:smile:

Old 06-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Mark
Basil,
Totally agree with your suggestions. I'm currently working on a set of new features and, once launched, I will enhance the forums to include your suggestions. Your feedback along with everyone else's really assists us in improving the site. Please keep it coming. Thanks again for the feedback!

Best regards,

Mark

Old 07-25-2002, 04:26 AM
Basil
1st Gear
Has anything more been done to improve the e-mail notification system from all or nothing ?

Cheers

Old 07-25-2002, 08:21 AM
Mark
Basil,

Thanks for your question. I haven't forgotten about this request but it has not yet been moved to a top priority given other things we've been working on. I expect this will be addressed within the next three weeks. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Mark

Old 11-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Being automatically subscribed to threads when you start one, or reply to one would be good. To subscribe to a whole forum catagory means I now receive e-mail notifications for every single post to every single thread subject in the catagory I've subscribed too.
>>

Hey Mark, just wanted to mention that I second this opinion. An option that would be set in your preferences might be a good way to get automatically subscribed to threads you post to. I would not eliminate the option to subscribe to the entire forum though for those who like to keep on top of everthing!

Old 11-11-2002, 07:16 PM
Mark
Thanks for the feedback. I've been wanting to include this for a while and have been investigating how to implement it given the current system. Hopefully I can get it into the system soon. Thanks again for the feedback!

Mark

Old 01-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Casey
5th Gear
Any word on this feature? I find I waste alot of time rereading the same threads to see if there is new posts.

This is the one main feature I don't like about the current forum...everything else is great and works wonderful for me and if this function was available I would be in heaven here :smile:

Old 01-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Mark
daMatta,
Unfortunately I haven't had time to address this yet...my day job keeps getting in the way. Anyone want to start a donation fund for me so I can quit my day job and work on the site full time (or at least 50% )?

In all seriousness I have about a 100 improvements that I want to do the site and this is one of the more important ones. I'll try to get a schedule in place that will allow me to get it in within the next 30 days.

Thanks

Mark

Old 01-04-2003, 09:17 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Hey Mark, just wanted to mention that I second this opinion. An option that would be set in your preferences might be a good way to get automatically subscribed to threads you post to. I would not eliminate the option to subscribe to the entire forum though for those who like to keep on top of everthing!

Here Here! I third this motion.