Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Why was "Wear marks on Roadster top" moved?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:31 AM
spiney
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Why was "Wear marks on Roadster top" moved?

Why was this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...dster-top.html moved out of Roadster into Stock Problems/Issues?

The Roadster top is clearly only relevant to Roadster owners, and moving it out has made it harder to find.

Can we put it back?

Old 09-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll have to wait until the moderator who moved it checks in here, for the actual reaosn it was moved; but typically problems and issues get moved to the problems and issues forum because there are many people who monitor those that have experience with the roadster or other convertibles that don't necessarily watch the roadster section, who can offer accurate advice or help to the person seeking a solution. This also seems to be the case for some of the vendors that don't watch every forum, but frequently lend a helping mind to those trying to fix their car.

Obviously it can be located through the search function and had a redirect left to help those browsing the roadster section be able to continue to locate it.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 AM
spiney
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Motor On
Obviously it can be located through the search function and had a redirect left to help those browsing the roadster section be able to continue to locate it.
I understand the redirect, but the redirect doesn't show when it has been updated with new posts, views, etc. Someone browsing "Roadster" only wold have to click over to see the thread.

If it had been something about engine or suspension or ICE I can see why it would move, but no-one else has the same top as we do so putting it into the "common" area just puts it in their way.

Just my opinion, obviously...

Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spiney
Just my opinion, obviously...
And mine too. It's just silly to move a Roadster-specific thread out of the Roadster forum given that R59 owners comprise such a small fraction of the total NAM population.

In its previous location, all visitors to that forum had a vested interest in that thread. In its new location, the vast majority of visitors to that forum have no interest in it whatsoever.