Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

sub domains

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to let you know outside of the big thread that I have made a ton of posts in already, that I'd be happy to use various sub-domains to direct folks to your website. mco/gen-x-radio.com will be in place as soon as I know where to point it.

I think that we ought to come up with something that can be used, even though I truly hope that yopu winn this insane battle.

This will allow the old domain to redirect people for a longer time than they will want to allow. http://www.formerlymco.com I am unsure of what would be acceptable to them. Do you get money for the advertisements? If not, then I would think that with a disclaimer in place of some sort you could link to anyone you want. Try http://www.motoringmadness.com I know it is free at the moment.

Old 08-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Xanthus,
Based on the conversations with BMW minicooperonline.com will continue to be registered to us for a period of time. Once we have a new domain (with or without MINI in it) we will provide redirection to the new domain for a period of time.

As for advertisements...yes we generate revenue through them. I support my MCO job and family through these.

Thanks

Mark

Old 08-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
That's the problem. I believe with the use of Mini and making money they CAN press the issue. The only way to win in this case I believe is to press them with sheer force of numbers. Petitions ought to be drafted and such.