Sin City MINI Club (SCMC) The forum of the Sin City MINI Club. Visit the club site at www.SinCityMINIClub.com

Hey there

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there

New mini owner here. Names Darren, Just bought a 09 Clubman S, and met a member from here while I was waiting in the lobby (wish I had got his name). I was in there with my wife and kids dropping off my car for service. 3 days off the lot and it needed an axle and the clutch went out... FML. Hopefully will be the last time it needs to go in the shop for A LONG time. Looking forward to meeting some other Mini owners in the future

Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 PM
dgerstel
1st Gear
Darren,

Congratulations on the new Mini, I am sure you will love it. I am a new member to the club and highly recommend joining, it is a great group of people.

Dale

Old 06-28-2012, 05:53 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to NAM!

Great color choice.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 AM
SoundMessage
3rd Gear
Nice looking Clubman! I have the same, 09 Clubman S. Did you buy from Desert MINI? Is your clutch repair being covered under warranty??

I love to drive mine! Let me know if you ever want to go motoring together. I just did the Mt Charleston loop a couple days ago and it was a great drive in my MINI!!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
^ ooo, hot coco mini, nice! Ya, I bought it at Desert Mini. It has one year factory left and I bought an additional 2 year/ 50k mile warranty with it.

Ill be getting it tinted IMMEDIATELY!!! Too damn hot to be driving a fish bowl. For the 3 days I got to drive it before it went back to the dealer it was great, look forward to picking her back up tomorrow. Id be down to cruise for sure at some point in the near future

Old 06-29-2012, 02:23 AM
SoundMessage
3rd Gear
Yup. Mine came with no tint and it was the first thing I did. Eco-Tint did mine. Is it an auto or manual? How many miles on it?

I got mine at Carmax. When I was looking, I specifically wanted a manual Clubman S, and it seemed like they were hard to come by (found a lot of autos or non-S).

Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Julie
2nd Gear
Hello there! Well, that's a heck of a way to get introduced to what is normally a great car - glad to hear your repairs were covered under warranty! Welcome to the MINI community

Not sure if you've heard about the Sin City MINI Club or not - there's at least 93 of us currently sporting the devil MINIs on the backs of our cars, so we're normally fairly easy to spot. We get together at least a couple of times each month, once for a "Motor In" (where we get together for a meal and socializing) and once for a run. We also do Cars and Coffee on the first Saturday of every month - although that happens every Saturday and some folks go more often.

Two weekends ago, we had our big, annual blow-out event AMVIV (A MINI Vacation In Vegas 9) and many of the organizers and volunteers are still recuperating. But, many of us are also game for impromptu get-togethers and runs. You can learn more about us at our website and if you're into it, you can also follow us on Facebook.

Nice ride!!! Hope to see you around town sometime soon.

Happy Motoring!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SoundMessage
Yup. Mine came with no tint and it was the first thing I did. Eco-Tint did mine. Is it an auto or manual? How many miles on it?

I got mine at Carmax. When I was looking, I specifically wanted a manual Clubman S, and it seemed like they were hard to come by (found a lot of autos or non-S).
Manual, it was a must!!! I drove a few automatics and I couldn't stand it, and I had to have the S model, the JUSTA didnt have enough pep for my liking. 22k miles, Nav, DVD, red leather/black cloth combo interior, upgraded AC, whatever the keyless feature is called for the doors and ignition, dual sun roofs. Was told the original owner custom ordered this one. Sad part is the original owner only had it 2 months and traded it in, 2nd owner had it the rest of the time.

Originally Posted by Julie
Hello there! Well, that's a heck of a way to get introduced to what is normally a great car - glad to hear your repairs were covered under warranty! Welcome to the MINI community

Not sure if you've heard about the Sin City MINI Club or not - there's at least 93 of us currently sporting the devil MINIs on the backs of our cars, so we're normally fairly easy to spot. We get together at least a couple of times each month, once for a "Motor In" (where we get together for a meal and socializing) and once for a run. We also do Cars and Coffee on the first Saturday of every month - although that happens every Saturday and some folks go more often.

Two weekends ago, we had our big, annual blow-out event AMVIV (A MINI Vacation In Vegas 9) and many of the organizers and volunteers are still recuperating. But, many of us are also game for impromptu get-togethers and runs. You can learn more about us at our website and if you're into it, you can also follow us on Facebook.

Nice ride!!! Hope to see you around town sometime soon.

Happy Motoring!
My service writer is nice enough, but my faith in the technicians there is something to be desired. It went in for the clutch, and they tell me I have a bad axle. I say, "ok but what about the clutch?" "Oh we didnt check" WTF?! How do you not notice, didnt you have to drive it into the service bay? It barely went into gear. They get the axle done, then call me back and say "hey we also notice you needed a clutch component" (didnt tell me what the part was) "Well no S*** sherlock isnt that what I said?!" SOOOO had to wait another 3 days so they could order that part. 8 days without the car for something I could have probably done in 1 afternoon in my garage is unacceptable, but whatever.

Was told a little bit about the club via the gentlemen I met at the dealer... he said he was a board member for the club. Gave me a business card and followed the websites forum link to NAM. Sounds like a good group

I may change my login.... this logging in with facebook is annoying, but thought Id give it a whirl.

Darren

Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Few more shots. These were the dealer photos... funny enough I bought the car before it was listed, and they posted these pics 2 days after I bought it lol

Old 06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
SoundMessage
3rd Gear
Nice! Love the colour combo. It looks very sharp. Although, with the way I drive, I need to avoid red cars, myself.

Bet you can't wait to get it back. Did they give you a loaner to drive in the meantime?

The couple of times I've had mine in the shop, the non-MINI cheap-*** loaners Carmax gave me made me miss my car quite a bit!!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Odd, I made another post that said had to be approved... but that one posted immediately. hmmmm

Anywho.... ya, they gave me a JUSTA to cruise around while I'm waiting for mine. I think no matter what they gave me I would have missed my car, I only owned the damn thing 3 days before it went back lol

Red wasn't my first color choice, but this was the first one I had seen in a month that had all the features I wanted without ordering one from out of state.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 AM
SoundMessage
3rd Gear
Ha! I just now am able to see the post you made about your MINI's specs and your service experience at Desert MINI.

BTW, that sounds about right. It took them several days both times they had my car. The first time, they had to order a part, so the delay was understandable (I suppose). But the second time, they had my car for over a week: 3 days to adjust a window and replace an air filter, then when I got it back, I had to send it right back to them because they missed a fluid leak. Then, it took them another four days to replace a water pump.

I can't say I'm very impressed with any of the staff in that place. I went there to buy a car. Stood around while the girl at the info desk flirted with an old man for 15 minutes before I was acknowledged. Then, I waited another 15-20 mins with no help before I just walked out. The guys working the counters in the service department basically treated me like I was bothering them the whole time, too. I need to find a reliable garage in town to work on my MINI when my manufacturer warranty runs out this year!!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Our service writer was helpful, and my finance guy was awesome! I just have NO confidence in the service department. Why do you have to special order maintenance parts for your own vehicles? I'm sorry, but a clutch and an axle should be in stock ALWAYS for a mini AT a mini dealer.... 8 days for that was unacceptable. I could understand if I took the car to a ford dealer and they had to special order it, but come on! Or, maybe if mini offered a dozen different vehicle platforms with different motor and drive train options etc... but the minis are pretty straight forward and share a lot of the same components.

On a better note, Im happy to have the car back and it drives wonderfully.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Welcome to NAM!
Gorgeous car.
I myself have a weakness for 09 Clubbies.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Just got her tinted. 5% all the way around and on both sun roofs, and 50% on the front windshield. NO MORE FISH BOWL!!! lol .... never mind the dirty wheels

Old 07-13-2012, 03:22 PM
SoundMessage
3rd Gear
Looks very sharp, Darren. Not sure I could see out of that tint, though!! :P

Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
SoundMessage
3rd Gear
BTW, where did you get your tint done? Happy with the results? I was thinking I still need to get some heavy tint on the sun roof, too.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Oh ya, they do a great job and they come to you which is even better. Thunder window tinting. 689-9601 It was $190 for limo on both sun roofs and all the way around, then 50% on the front.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
So my windshield magically broke itself. Started out as a small crack in the lower portion of the windshield and has spread pretty bad the last few days. Took it to the dealer, and they were in shock because there were no rock chips etc. They said it looked like the defects they used to get on the 2002-2004 models but they hadnt see on in years. Took some convincing, but they are going to replace it under warranty. I heard a screeching noise when it initially cracked while it was raining. The dealer thinks it was due to some drastic temp change between the glass and the rain.

Real good luck so far: Inside of 30 days Ive needed a new clutch, a new axle and now a new windshield. Then the service writer tried selling me on some fluid changes and inspections that weren't covered under warranty. I all but told him to go F himself.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
MONGOOS
1st Gear
I've only had my car for a month and a half of the three and a half months I've owned it. The rest of the time it's been at the dealership. Both water pumps, 2 ignition coils, a fuel sensor, and it's still hesitant to start and doesn't run properly for about 5-10 seconds. Just got it back yesterday after its third trip 2.5 hours away to the nearest dealership. It's nice it's being covered under warranty and such, but, GOOD LORD!!! I want to enjoy the car. Not pay a payment to be able to make phone calls to see how it's doing...