MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: '05 MCS, Black, $7k o.b.o.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Minvader
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*SOLD* '05 MCS, Black, $7k o.b.o. *SOLD*

Year: 2005
Make: MINI
Model: Cooper
Price: $7000
Mileage: 173000
Color: Jet Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast

2005 MINI Cooper S, Jet Black/Jet Black, ~173k miles

Asking $7,000 or best offer... needs to sell ASAP (in Orlando
)
(MINVADER.com for more photos)

I'm NOT selling it because I want too... I'm selling it because I need to.
The car isn't perfect, but it's a great deal on a nicely modded MCS that can be fixed up with a little work.

Modifications:
  • Thumper TP-1 Head
  • K&N Typhoon Intake
  • RMW ECU Tune
  • 15% Alta S/C Pulley
  • BlueFlame exhaust
  • Clutchmasters Lightened Flywheel
  • Clutchmasters Clutch
  • Ultrik Adjustable Rear Anti-sway Bar
  • Alta Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms (originals included)
  • Hotchkiss Adjustable Front Camber Plates
  • M7 Front Strut Tower Brace w/ "anti-mushroom" reinforcement plates
  • M7 Springs (originals included)
  • Enkei 16" wheels (original S-Lites included)
  • 205/50/16 tires w/ approx 75% tread
  • Bilstein Shocks
  • Powerflex Front Control Arm Bushings
  • (OBX Header & Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat, not installed but included)

Disclosure Time:
I am the second owner, I got it like-new with 14k miles on it. Almost all of the miles are highway driven... I've been commuting 100+ miles a day for a few years.

It pulled 197ish hp on a Dyno before the Thumper head was installed, not tested after but I felt a nice difference. The engine had to be rebuilt at about 80k miles when the head, header & cat were installed. I later found out it was a bad ECU tune that burned out a piston (beware the Shark Injector!) I've since had Jan from RMW re-tune it to a conservative 175ish h.p. to prolong the life of the rebuilt engine. A bad install at the header/cat joint caused me to put back the stock parts, but you get the aftermarket parts to have it done right (or sell, or whatever.)

• The main problem right now is a leaky power steering rack. You will need to replace/fix etc.
  • The headliner is starting to sag, I glued it back in place in front of the sunroof but the rear needs attention.
  • Some critter ran in front of the car and ripped off the M7 Carbon Fiber Splitter... perils of a lowered car on back roads. Because of this there are 2 holes in the front bumper where the braces were bolted. I've been planning on getting some small chunks of carbon fiber or something similarly nice looking and cutting them to fit over the holes, but haven't gotten around to it.
  • The Alta 4-light Rally Bar is still installed on the lower grille with no lights on it. Highway debris broke 2 of the lights, but I still have the remaining 2 lights.
  • The Harmon Kardon Premium Sound System stopped working, I never took the time to diagnose it, so you might find an easy fix.
  • There is an XM satellite radio system which is controlled by the stock head unit, it stays in the car.
  • There was a 10" JL Audio subwoofer in a custom box, but the surround on the speaker came unglued and the voicecoil burned out because of it. It's included with the 250 watt JBL amp that powers it. (There is a **** still wired in the dash that controls the subwoofer amp's volume level.)
  • There is a really nice alarm system that's 95% installed but not hooked up. We gave up and left it alone when we didn't want to guess how to properly connect the remote start wires.

The car suffered from damage from driving over some bad highway paving work. Insurance paid for all needed repairs/upgrades done by Ian's crew at Maitland Importers as well as some frame straightening. Irish Mike did a performance alignment and the car was driving better than before. The incident bent all 4 17" MOMO wheels that were on the car, so now it's wearing the 16" Enkeis that I was saving for the autocross/trackday career that never materialized.

Did I mention that it MUST sell ASAP? Like in 2 weeks or less? My painful loss could be your gain, so make me an offer!
ycatsmot (at) hotmail (dot) com

Attached Thumbnails '05 MCS, Black, k o.b.o.-minvader_100.jpg  

Last edited by Minvader; 05-07-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Minvader
2nd Gear
Someone make me an offer, the car has to be sold ASAP! Don't feel like you are doing me a favor by NOT buying it... as much as I hate to sell him, it has to be done.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Minvader
2nd Gear
One Sunshine MINIs member looking at the car today, another interested NAM member... thanks for the response... bittersweet...

Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Minvader
2nd Gear