MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: NC: 2004 Subaru WRX Custom Paint Job $9k Firm

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
LukeMann
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NC: 2004 Subaru WRX Custom Paint Job $9k Firm

Year: 2004
Make: Subaru
Model: Impreza
Price: $9000
Mileage: 178000
Color: Mopar/Copper/Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast

I am selling my 2004 Subaru WRX with a custom paint job and a few engine mods with 178,000 miles on it. I am asking $9,000 FIRM for the car. I am willing to consider a trade for a 2003+ Honda s2000, a 05 or 07 STi, a Mini Cooper John Cooper Works, a EVO, a BMW 135i, or a BMW E46 M3 (I will add some cash on top of course). I appreciate all offers, but anything below $8,500 is really of no interest to me (Sorry!). I know the kbb.com price of this car is around $7,800 in excellent condition, but this isn't the regular car quoted by kbb.com. This isn't a car to think about buying and reselling it, this is a car to buy and think about modding it up to become close to an STi (motor swap/more engine mods). Come by and drive it sometime if you're local and you'll appreciate the price I have set it at. Now let me begin with the car...

The Car's Background
This is a 2004 Subaru WRX, the car has 178,xxx miles on it and is beautiful. Sadly it does have a salvaged title, I am the second owner of this car and the guy I bought it from bought it new in 2004. He drove from Virginia down to Winston-Salem, NC everyday for work which is how he racked up so many miles on it. About three years ago he got into a front end collision while he was stopped at a stop light and a truck hit him. The airbags did not deploy and the front bumper and radiator were the only major parts replaced on the car. Since he worked at a dealership as a paint man he decided to fix the car back up and give it a custom paint job. He paints cars everyday, so he knows his stuff.

Modifications
The only engine modifications he put onto the car is a K&N cold air intake, a SPT exhaust, a edge custom downpipe, and lightweight pulleys. As far as the outside he put the custom paint job, 17in Enkei wheels on it, Eibach springs (Which are only currently in the front. I have the ones for the rear though), drilled rotars(unknown brand), Subaru OEM body kit parts, and decals showing the brands that are on the car. The only thing modified on the interior is the radio which I had installed. I also wired the car up to be able to hook up some subs in the trunk, but I have no subs in the car. I still have the stock radio but I do not have the stock springs, wheels, or rotors.

The Good
The car is in great shape mechanically and appearance wise. No other car on the rode has a paint job similar to this one. It turns lots of heads and sounds absolutely amazing. I would rate the interior of this car a 9 out of 10, it only shows minor wear and you would never suspect that it has so many miles on it. The engine is in great shape and has just enough power and pull to please most people, it also gets respectable fuel economy. Overall it's a very fun, solid, and reliable car that will last you for a long time as it is. But this car is really something to mod up and drop a new motor in when the time comes, lets just say it's a "project car..."

The Bad
The clutch was replaced at 100,000 miles so it only has 78,000 on it, but it will probably need to be replaced at 200,000 miles (just normal clutch wear). The brakes are good on the car, but if you are coming from something higher performance wise you may be dissatisfied. The car is very low to the ground in the front and does scrape sometimes, but if you're careful you can avoid it. The paint is in excellent condition but there is one very small scratch on the front lip, I do however have all 3 colors in cans of touch up paint. Overall I would rate the car a 8.5 out of 10, it would be an amazing car to drop an STi engine in or mod it up a bit. I have no doubts that the way this car is now will last well beyond 200,000 miles without any problems.

The Price
As far as the price I have decided to stick it FIRM at $9,000FIRM. I realize that there are a few factors that will come into play... The car does have alot of miles on it I know, but it has been kept in a pristine condition and the engine has been regularly serviced every 5,000 miles. I am not worried about this cars engine, I know it will be able to last well over 200,000 miles. The paint job does ad quite a bit of value to this car, it was NOT done by some kid and is very high quality. There's no other car that will ever have this paint job ever. The few engine mods should be enough for anyone to feel faster than a stock 04 WRX. The interior shows hardly any signs of wear. I am free almost anytime during the week after 4:00. If you're local we can work something out so you can have a test drive and see the car, you wont be disappointed.

I am sad to let this car go, It gets so many looks on the road and really does drive well, but I'm looking for more power. If you're interested in this car just private message me here, I am not in a rush to sell this car, but I am looking to have a newer car before July. Thanks for looking at the car, I'm open to any input as to what you think of the car/paintjob/price.

Go To: http://photobucket.com/subaru04 to see all the exterior, interior, and engine bay pics.

For all the rest of the photos go here: http://photobucket.com/subaru04

Thanks Again!:D

Last edited by LukeMann; 06-25-2012 at 10:15 AM.