MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Unreal!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:08 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Convertible
Price: $1
Mileage: 55050
Color: Pepper White w/mods
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

I'm going to have a few spare parts to sell. Two good tires, brand new Koni Yellow front shock, glove box organizer, PIAA wipers, some slick metallic under-bonnet caps that take the place of the plastic OEMs, OEM windshield sunscreen, Mini OEM convertible top wind deflector, original OEM hood scoop and related under-bonnet diverter, several magnetic badges for grille badge holders, OEM ignition coil, OEM spark plug wires, new set of NGK spark plugs, OEM can shaft, and possibly a few other items I've forgotten. Look for these to be posted soon in the parts marketplace, but PM me in the meantime if anything is of interest.

Last edited by blackie; 08-12-2015 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:16 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Watch the marketplace for many spare parts from this now sold 2006 MCSCa, mostly OEM and many lightly used.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:16 PM
actualsize37
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark is wishing you good luck, but god he is patient.

He is absolutely correct. You have a "done" car. Meaning it is totally customized to your liking. You will have to find a buyer that has the exact same taste as you to sell it. The "nods of approval" on the road mean people like what you did with it, not they that would necessarily drive the same. He is super-correct on the transmission too. It is rare that people buy automatics and modify them as you do, so finding a buyer for that is tough as well.

Furthermore, you sound like you are missing the first rule are car modification: You never get back what you put in.

I see that you lowered your price to something more fair, but if i was in the market for a cabrio right now, I couldn't imagine trying to work with someone who thinks their **** doesn't stink. Sorry, but there's a real lack of a reality check here and I think you turned away buyers all on your own.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:47 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Wow. Just wow. I trust I'm as much between the lines here as your post seems to be.

I'd forgotten there are some holier than thou NAM members. I'd not experienced one in a spell. Oh yes, there was that guy whose opinion you're championing.

So, you maybe make all valid points. Except a lot too late and therefore pointless. So, why?

Apparently, you were able to read "price drop", as well as Markey Mark's remarks (though more likely he solicited your support to his thoughts; guess he felt he needed some), but yet you throughly missed the "now sold" from a full 4 weeks ago.

You're entitled to an opinion, even if of no use now. Guess it didn't dawn on you why there's been no activity in this thread for weeks.

Maybe you just got back from whatever summer retreat you were on. Camp counselor perhaps?

Yes, we know about opinions and how everyone has one just like the saying goes about everyone having a posterior orifice. Considering the car was sold 4 weeks ago today I doubt your opinion is as useful to anyone as that posterior opening.

So, what is your actual slight here masquerading as advice? Can't be advice on selling a car that was sold long ago. So, what is it? Ultimately pointless, other than supporting someone who maybe needs the help, as apparently you may too.

Originally Posted by actualsize37
Mark is wishing you good luck, but god he is patient.

He is absolutely correct. You have a "done" car. Meaning it is totally customized to your liking. You will have to find a buyer that has the exact same taste as you to sell it. The "nods of approval" on the road mean people like what you did with it, not they that would necessarily drive the same. He is super-correct on the transmission too. It is rare that people buy automatics and modify them as you do, so finding a buyer for that is tough as well.

Furthermore, you sound like you are missing the first rule are car modification: You never get back what you put in.

I see that you lowered your price to something more fair, but if i was in the market for a cabrio right now, I couldn't imagine trying to work with someone who thinks their **** doesn't stink. Sorry, but there's a real lack of a reality check here and I think you turned away buyers all on your own.