MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 10:57 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $13800
Mileage: 76852
Color: Gray/Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West

New price $15,500

Last edited by vulkandino; 08-29-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: steering wheel no longer included
Old 08-28-2020, 12:34 PM
67morris
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I wish you were closer. Looks like an awesomely modified GP!

Old 08-28-2020, 12:43 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 67morris
I wish you were closer. Looks like an awesomely modified GP!
Let me know if there is anything I can do to make the distance feel shorter. Thanks!

Old 08-28-2020, 08:55 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Here is an older sale ad. I’m trying to get more history on the GP.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...gp-1292-a.html

Old 08-28-2020, 11:38 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vulkandino
Let me know if there is anything I can do to make the distance feel shorter. Thanks!
Just curious... where out “West” are you located?

also, I remember the OP and saw all the work that had been done to this mini. Such a damn shame of the deception he played. Karma is real...

Additional curiosity and forgive for a potentially noob-ish question: Was it performance upgrades on top of what is already great with the GP? Or was all that work possibly repairs being done, since it was reportedly in an accident?

if it’s all performance upgrades, I imagine this car is like a little rocket?!?

im in the hunt for an 06 JCW... and a GP would certainly be super sweet; but, they’re also easily 10-12K more and it feels like you’re really just paying a lot more for cosmetics and “rarity”.

i mean that with all respect to the greatness I’ve read about the GP and I know that the price is NOT hiked up on these things for profit. I’m just trying to determine if dumping 6-7K in a nice JCW is a safer route than more than double that in a GP

Old 08-29-2020, 07:25 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SydeShowJoe
Just curious... where out “West” are you located?

also, I remember the OP and saw all the work that had been done to this mini. Such a damn shame of the deception he played. Karma is real...

Additional curiosity and forgive for a potentially noob-ish question: Was it performance upgrades on top of what is already great with the GP? Or was all that work possibly repairs being done, since it was reportedly in an accident?

if it’s all performance upgrades, I imagine this car is like a little rocket?!?

im in the hunt for an 06 JCW... and a GP would certainly be super sweet; but, they’re also easily 10-12K more and it feels like you’re really just paying a lot more for cosmetics and “rarity”.

i mean that with all respect to the greatness I’ve read about the GP and I know that the price is NOT hiked up on these things for profit. I’m just trying to determine if dumping 6-7K in a nice JCW is a safer route than more than double that in a GP
I'm in Utah. Yeah, it's the rarity, being a numbered car. The unique aero kit and the additional performance and suspension bits. Doesn't make sense for everyone. Only you can decide what's right for you.
This one is a bit more unique due to the RMW engine mods, the coil overs, and the general mechanical shape. It's dry with zero issues.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:37 AM
67morris
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
The following users liked this post:
vulkandino (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 12:07 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
I'm in Utah. Yeah, it's the rarity, being a numbered car. The unique aero kit and the additional performance and suspension bits. Doesn't make sense for everyone. Only you can decide what's right for you.
This one is a bit more unique due to the RMW engine mods, the coil overs, and the general mechanical shape. It's dry with zero issues.
very true. The only thing (Limfac) that stops me from pulling the trigger on a GP is the absence of rear seats. Having kids forces the brain to think slightly more economical. If it was just me and the misses, I’d be on my way to Utah from NV this weekend!! Great looking car!!!

ive read you can add rear seats, etc. but I also know I’d get plenty of fun out of a JCW and not have to worry about lack of rear seats.

sorry for bugging you on your thread. I truly hope you’re able to sell it and recoup as much of your losses as possible.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:18 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 67morris
Thanks. Now just missing owner number 3.

very true. The only thing (Limfac) that stops me from pulling the trigger on a GP is the absence of rear seats. Having kids forces the brain to think slightly more economical. If it was just me and the misses, I’d be on my way to Utah from NV this weekend!! Great looking car!!!

ive read you can add rear seats, etc. but I also know I’d get plenty of fun out of a JCW and not have to worry about lack of rear seats.

sorry for bugging you on your thread. I truly hope you’re able to sell it and recoup as much of your losses as possible.
That makes total sense. I have a toddler and baby as well. The mini is supposed to be the third fun car.
Good luck to your JCW search. If you change your mind on the GP you know where to find me. 😀

Old 08-29-2020, 01:01 PM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Sincerely, with all the digging into this cars history, has anyone come across a pic of the car as it was damaged in the accident? A picture being worth a thousand words might easily put a potential buyers mind at ease if it wasn't a serious impact. It would certainly make me rethink buying the car. Not having access to the carfax can we be informed as to which number owner had this gp and the mileage at the time of the accident report? Kind thanks!

Old 08-29-2020, 01:46 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rich B.
Sincerely, with all the digging into this cars history, has anyone come across a pic of the car as it was damaged in the accident? A picture being worth a thousand words might easily put a potential buyers mind at ease if it wasn't a serious impact. It would certainly make me rethink buying the car. Not having access to the carfax can we be informed as to which number owner had this gp and the mileage at the time of the accident report? Kind thanks!
That would be helpful. I'm in contact with the second owner (who was responsible for the mods) but he no longer has contact info to the individual that bought the car and who appears to have had the accident.

Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
GP is officially on consignment. You can find more images going to the link below.

https://www.guchonimports.com/2006-M...jVsBI9xcjf4%3d

Old 08-29-2020, 02:10 PM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by spoolinyc
Still happening everyday in 2020.

It is more common than you can imagine.

From rollback to Can blockers on the clusters.
It's been regularly serviced at a MINI dealer....Somone at the dealership level would have picked up on that....Again, it's not a 50yr old vintage classic car having its odometer turned back.

Additionally anyone who has owned/ driven one knows what it is and what it isnt...and its NOT a Touring car. One doesn't buy a GP1 which has no factory sound deading material having intentions of taking it on daily cross country driving trips...your passenger will be begging to get out after 350 miless to catch a plane to point B.

Key readers are often not working at MINI service desks, and body shops don't have them at all....mileage manually entered by a person = garbage in = garbage out.

The following users liked this post:
vulkandino (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Had a Mileage error occur with my old bmw m3 years ago. I was able to contact carfax and get it corrected.

Old 08-29-2020, 08:12 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
Had a Mileage error occur with my old bmw m3 years ago. I was able to contact carfax and get it corrected.
I’m actually looking into doing that. If you don’t mind sending me a message with some pointers on how you went about it.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:53 PM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Still available.
Price is 15,000

Old 08-31-2020, 12:31 AM
Dong Tran
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't just immediately draw the conclusion that the mileage was actually tampered with as someone had asserted above. It is very possible the DMV transaction in ME included a clerical error. As every knows these are VERY manual processes. I can see how a 67650 could be read as 62650 if scribbled very quickly, in which case the mileage history would totally add up correctly. To get something like this corrected would probably be a huge pain in the ***, if at all possible.

While these cars are rare, if you bought this GP as an investment, then I think cutting your losses like what you're may be the right approach, especially if you have a large collection or have storage limitations.

If you bought this car to drive and enjoy it, there's a high likelihood it drives just fine given the accident history and the branded title.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:41 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
It appears that for some reason Maine updated the title on 4/30/2015 at which point the car already changed hands and was titled in Colorado. Obviously, during this time the car was driven and had higher miles. Not sure why this would happen. It even says the entry may have been a clerical error. If I title the car in Utah and for some reason, the title in Oregon gets updated, it would of course show a lower mileage.

Last edited by vulkandino; 08-31-2020 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:49 AM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
Maine

Do we know if it was ever “registered“ in State of Maine ?

Old 08-31-2020, 07:41 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Eurothrasher
Do we know if it was ever “registered“ in State of Maine ?
Yes, registration and title were done in Maine. I exchanged a few texts with the owner at the time. Nice guy.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:12 AM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Vulkandino,

Having worked in the exotic/high-end sector of the auto industry for many years I've seen my share of new vehicles being off-loaded from ships with damage. In the early days, this damage and subsequent repair, usually performed at the PDI Centers, wasn't necessarily disclosed to the retail customer. Today, I believe that may be different. In these cases of PDI Ctr damage repair, the repairs were done so well that even a trained eye couldn't tell where the repair was.

Although you are feeling that pertinent information about the car was not revealed to you prior to purchase, and because of your standards, you are intent on not owning a vehicle which has had accident damage. Personally, unless the car was severely impacted, I would not be so concerned about owning a hit car. My concern would be more that the repair was performed thoroughly and to the highest standards. There are qualified, for hire, Sherlock Holmes type individuals in the automotive industry that can do a bumper-to-bumper inspection of this car and give you a detailed report as to their findings. In the absence of more definitive information about the damage caused by the accident and the subsequent repair, I believe that an inspection such as this would give any prospective buyer peace of mind knowing that a knowledgeable and unbiased third party inspected the car, found little to no evidence of the repair, and provided a detailed report of their findings. This can surely work in your favor.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:40 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
If a potential buyer wants the described inspection I would work with them. Depending on the price and if the buyer goes through with the sale I would reimburse the cost.
In my opinion, the repair work is great, and even if it's not noticeable to the experts of the industry I don't want anything to do with the car. This has to do with the accident history but more so how it all occurred and the disgust I have for the previous seller. This ordeal is consuming me and there is a reason I don't have the car parked at home anymore.

When I sold my Boxster S a few years back the buyer paid for the inspection that I believe you're describing. The gentleman that inspected it was thorough and obviously doing everything in the best interest of the potential buyer.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:06 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Birthday bump.
If the GP interests, you send me your offers.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:26 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Birthday bump.
If the GP interests, you send me your offers.
Happy Birthday Dino!!

here’s something to make you laugh on your birthday...

what did the Kamikaze Pilot instructor say to his students??

”pay attention closely, I’m only going to do this once”

Old 09-03-2020, 05:54 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Happy Birthday Dino!!

here’s something to make you laugh on your birthday...

what did the Kamikaze Pilot instructor say to his students??

”pay attention closely, I’m only going to do this once”
Haha thanks Joe. That's a good one.

Quick Reply: FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper GP 1292