R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 Roof Rack Suggestions = No Factory Rails

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:47 AM
clintb
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roof Rack Suggestions = No Factory Rails

Hello. I've had 3 different Mini's during the past 7 years, a Mini Coupe, Clubman and now I have a 2015 Paceman as my daily driver for almost 2 years. I am looking for a Roof Rack Suggestion and NO, I am not going to have the dealer install the factory Rails. And NO I don't want to install the factory rails myself. I purchased the Paceman off the lot and didn't even THINK this would matter at the time. Guess what? It does. Soooooo...my dilemma is, WHAT Roof Rack Systems are out there for the Paceman that would fit my nice naked roof? Looking to haul a Packasport Luggage Rack. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Warren Vegas
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy re: Roof Rack Suggestions = No Factory Rails

Been meaning to reply for a while - I have the same issues here on my Paceman. There are no 3rd party roof systems available. If you search the forums you will see there was a Yakima but I believe that never lasted long and was not avail in the US. Same with Thule.

The only option is the factory roof rails system - once you have them you can get MINI or 3rd party mounts. I hear you on the drilling and mounting concerns - there is a post on someone doing it but it seems like a PITA. I wouldn't pay $1500 to have the dealer put it in either

Sorry for the news but that seems to be the only options. Anyone have other suggestions?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:41 AM
cstrumol
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Check out Seasucker. They have a bunch of options that may work for you. They look a little pricey but they perform very well for a long time. I am on a cycling team and we take them on flights all the time to use on rental cars at our races. Even when cars aren't clean they stick with zero issue. Customer service is easy and helpful if ever needed.