R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

Engine ventilation heating, activation: line disconnecting

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 05:25 PM
hyhenrychan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Engine ventilation heating, activation: line disconnecting

Hi guys,I have a 12 Mini Countryman S All 4 and I recently installed a forge air intake pipe, and there is 2 lines hanging there that it were plug to the OEM intake pipe. So now the engine light is on and the code is "Engine ventilation heating, activation: line disconnecting" is there any solution for it?

Old 04-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Semper Fi Huck
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you figure out how to fix this?

I just changed my thermostat housing on my 2012 S Clubman, and when I put it all back together my check engine light came on and I have this same code. I still have everything hooked up to original equipment, so I don’t know if the sensor is bad or what.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:26 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by hyhenrychan
Hi guys,I have a 12 Mini Countryman S All 4 and I recently installed a forge air intake pipe, and there is 2 lines hanging there that it were plug to the OEM intake pipe. So now the engine light is on and the code is "Engine ventilation heating, activation: line disconnecting" is there any solution for it?
I saw a setup like this were the installer used resistors to "complete" the circuit. you could also remove them from the oem pipe and connect them to plugs.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:27 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Semper Fi Huck
I just changed my thermostat housing on my 2012 S Clubman, and when I put it all back together my check engine light came on and I have this same code. I still have everything hooked up to original equipment, so I don’t know if the sensor is bad or what.
make sure it is pressed all the way in...

Old 04-25-2019, 02:05 PM
my_wifes_mini
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
When I installed my NM Engineering intake/inlet, those little gadgets were deleted. The kit included 2 small resistors that plug into the wires and fake connection. No check engine lights. Id look in the direction of gettings those resistors.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Semper Fi Huck
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I did ensure that this connection was good several times, because when I first reconnected it I discovered it wasn’t pushed in all the way. The car was on but the engine wasn’t running when I fully seated the connection the first time, so I wonder if I could have blown a fuse. I haven’t checked the fuses yet.
If I can’t get the original system to work where can I look for those resistors, and do you have a part number?