R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

Multiple '16 Coutnryman Audio/Infotainment issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Matthew Jones
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple '16 Coutnryman Audio/Infotainment issues

Ok this is bizarre. We just picked up my wife's Mini Cooper S Countryman today (new, not used). Connected her phone to Bluetooth, although oddly you play music through "external devices" not "Bluetooth Audio" (what is the purpose of the BA section, because even the iPod with no phone function doesn't play through there?).

There seems to be an issue with the display getting frozen when switching between the iOS (10.2, iPhone 7+) Music App and something like Pandora/iHeart.

If you play music on the Music app, then switch to Pandora, it keeps the info from the last song from Music app on the display screen, even as you cycle through Pandora songs (you can hear them change and hear the new song, but the display never changes from the last Music app song). Here is a pic (ignore the music choice, it was just random to show):
https://s30.postimg.org/yauh0u8k1/IMG_1498.jpg
Ok so how did we figure this was an issue? I was actually troubleshooting what seems to be a SEPARATE issue with the BT audio. We were listening to Pandora Christmas music on the way home from the dealer, no issue. Stopped at the store, turned the car off, came out, turned the car back on and the display showed Christmas Song X, and Pandora on the phone showed that it was playing, but no music was coming out (and no it wasn't muted either, I could see the icon pop up and off as I muted/unmuted).
We tried restarting the car and whatnot (is there some sort of hard reset button to reset the radio?) and it still wouldn't play. I tried to switch to the Music app and that's where I discovered the first problem I mentioned. Randomly it started playing again. Something is definitely up.
Seeing as how both seem to revolve around a frozen screen, I have to wonder if the issue is related. Here is the software version:

https://s30.postimg.org/orgex7hr5/IMG_1499.jpg

EDIT: I upgraded to the latest software from the Mini site, still the same issues.

Additionally, I can't seem to have two devices paired. For example, my wife's iPhone and my iPhone. Both have different names. Can't seem to play one and then switch to another one. When we start up the car it pairs with my iPhone which then prevents hers from connecting. Even if I go into Telephones and choose hers, it won't connect/play.

Has anyone seen this before, heard of it, know how to solve any of these issues, etc?

Old 04-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Jess Donoho Anderson
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
having same prob w my 2016- except man paired his android and it works

I can't get my iphone x tor pair at ALL