R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Dealer did not issue credit College Program

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Braldee
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer did not issue credit College Program

Just felt like sharing . I know there is nothing i can do at this point...

One of the main reason I leased my CMs 14 was the College Program $500rebate. Went in June of 2013 with the Salesman and started the build. A few months later, I got news it arrived, but the car did not include all the features I added, so the Manager (with the help of NAM peeps encouraging me to not accept the first car and reorder a new built with all the feat I wanted), was nice enough to reorder the car with all that I wanted and wait another 2 months. They felt bad and gave $1k discount for all the misinformation on top of the $500 CP that was supposed to be added. The Salesman no longer works there and so I was assisted by another one. My emails were clear what feat I wanted but it did not include 80 percent of it and I have been waiting for the car for so long… so the delay was a little frustrating back then.

I sent my diplomas several times through email along with my guardian to the first SM and the one who handled my second order. My cosignee had to signthe doc and she was abroad. I was dumb not to understand the contract that it did not include the discount for the College Program. I kept asking if they received my diplomas, they said yes and that it should be added in the lease. I assumed they deducted it in the base pricing since they made me pay so many things, 10k deposit, so the pricing for my monthly changed too, well the pricing breakdown confused me because in the contract there was just so many numbers broken down …I did not understand and I had no knowledge about cars but trusted them with what they had told me verbally…….. anyway, after delivery I asked if the College program was added, all they told me (after the car has been picked up through email) is that I have to discuss with the finance manager and that the reason why It might have not been honored was the long duration it took for my car to be picked up which could have made my diploma far behind the 1 year quota, but they do not know that my diploma is still inside the 1 year gap from the time I picked it up last week. I guess them purposely or forgot to include it in the lease. I do not know if these are excuses they are making to justify why it was not added.
I just feel bad because I verbally asked them many times and they said it was added and that It would be included in the lease after everything it picked up.
Anyhow, I wrote a letter to the finance manager, she told me that the Salesman did not get my diplomas nor have evidence to prove i sent it or that he accepted them. I guess he lied to me saying it would be added. I have proof I sent my diplomas but he never told me what step to take next if I needed to submit more stuff... He knew about it which is why he can even tell me now about why it might not have been accepted….
but I guess he did not want to give me the discount since they gave me 1k deduction for the faux pass that happened when the first sales man messed up my order back in June already which caused all the delay for 4-5 months...

The finance Manager was saying that if they approved it, it would have been showing in the contract as $500 discount, but when i signed it and did not see it, I assumed they deducted it from the principal of the lease along with the 1000k that was deducted already from the principal. I was so ignorant and just believed when they said it would be honored.

Now they won’t give it to me. And that it is too late because it was not added in the lease contract. I feel so upset. Felt I was ripped off.

I also signed the contract not reading carefully about all the contents because I thought that what they verbally told me is what would be stated. I was busy out of the country helping people so I did not get to read it thoroughly. My guardian who was my consignee was the main one who had to sign the contract. She just signed cause she though whatever was in the contract was what I wanted. She also had no knowledge about the cars aside from the monthly charges she was willing to help me with if I needed a consignee
I had few boxes to sign and it had to be notarized so i did not get to check everything. it said there 7500 miles per year. the sales man promised 10k to 12k ... now I am stuck with 650 miles a month, almost 2 miles a day. How am I supposed to find a job and work to pay my monthly bills? I guess this car will just end up as a toy.

Yes, I admit my stupidity in not reading the contract well and did not clarify why the $500 discount was not showing on the contract even if they insisted it was deducted from the principal. I just feel so bad. Sorry, I cannot even contract everything here well. I am just writing what comes out of frustration and disappointment.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:26 PM
PooLeArMor
2nd Gear
what dealership it is ?? so other can avoid them

Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM
turboevo2
1st Gear
Feel sorry for you. Just charge it through experience and next time pay attention to all details before signing.