R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Looking to buy a CM,2015, NA, Manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 11:25 AM
bioburner
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy a CM,2015, NA, Manual

Found a nice looking white CM with leather. 89k on clock and 10k$. My next door neighbor steering me away from turbo on these cars unless having a known service history. He had two on the shop floor:(.
I recently had an accident to my mini van that put it out as a long range economical ride from South TX to central MN.
My test ride was ok. TPMS lights on everywhere:( New battery, tires looked good, rear brakes not to hot with pitting and some on the front. Emergency stop perfect. No pulls while braking and straight running on the road. Cold ac as it was hitting a 100 outside.
My only dislike was the roof was not panoramic.
I do most of my general maintenance on my collection of vehicles so doing a full fluid and brake job is not daunting me.
So long story finally over is "what should I be looking for as far a gremlins etc"?
Thanks

Old 05-09-2022, 03:51 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
With a manual you will need a clutch at some point. Clutch replacement is more major surgery than than a turbo. My 2013 JCW All4 has had both under my extended maintenance, so no out of pocket. Just order a 23 to replace the 13 and main driver is I know it will need another turbo and clutch in the coming years.

Also I drive a tough mountain to work everyday. Winding two lanes with runaway truck ramps, very fun in a mini. The manual is tricky to drive when it is slippery. You loose all of your traction control when you push the clutch in. You have to be extremely careful picking up and down shift points since the process. Can send you sliding.

new car would have been automatic even if manual was still available.

Old 05-09-2022, 06:40 AM
bioburner
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I have read in the last week is the All4 is ugly on clutches but not an issue with a slush box. This car is not an All4.
I found last night a 2012 with a fresh clutch with less miles as they used it for camping pulling behind bus. Also another 2012 with a crease in front and rear bumpers . I know that syndrome all to well, way to fresh. Negative is a rebuilt title. Has the nav system. $6.5k, 68k miles. Dark copper in color
I have no plans in driving in snow etc hence my winter stay in south TX. Only sliding is drifting on purpose and the Redline Sky can do that putting out 310hp
I can't ever remember putting a clutch in anything other than a new pack in a BMW motorcycle.
Thanks for the input. Anything other than clutches on the 12 plus coopers? Timing chains? I hope they improved?