R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Megan Racing Coilover Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:57 AM
97nicolaus
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Racing Coilover Noise

Greetings, NAM!

I recently installed a Megan Racing Coilover on my '15 Mini Cooper S Paceman, and I really love the lowered look of my car. It feels like I fell in love with the car even more than before.

When I drove back from the shop that installed my coilovers, I encountered several dips down the road and the wheels rub the inner part of the fender. So that night, I decided to turn the **** under my hood to stiffen the adjustable damper settings, hoping that it would reduce the wheel-to-fender rubbing. That was when the problem began. After turning the **** to stiffen the damper setting, I heard noises whenever I was driving at lower speeds while turning my steering wheel. The sound is similar to 2 rubber balloons rubbing each other. This occurs when I was making slight turns in the parking lot, or when switching lanes at moderate speeds.

I posted in the R60 section, because the Megan Racing coilover for R61 is the exact same model with the ones for R60, and I know that there are more R60 owners out there compared to R61.

Are there any of you R60 owners with any coilovers experienced this issue? Do you mind giving me suggestions on what I should do? Or what the problem might be? I would gladly appreciate any of your feedback. Thank you very much.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Scooter24
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wonder if its the spring twisting like there is not enough preload.