R60 UK Mini Countryman

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:34 AM
_simon_
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK Mini Countryman

Hi Guys,

I've been browsing the forum for the past week or so mostly looking at the pictures of the countryman to get ideas as we intend to order in the next few weeks. Almost every google search I did ended up back here!

I've gone through numerous colour/wheel/option combinations with my other half and finally I think we've agreed on the final spec.

So here it is...

2015 Countryman Cooper S D All4 with automatic gear box
Absolute Black
17" 5 hole black star turned alloy wheels
Sun protection glass
Chrome line exterior
Model designation deletion
On board computer

I think some of the options are called different things in america and I don't think you have the diesel variant? Diesel is very popular in the UK due to our fuel prices.

Here's the comparison chart so you can see what the diesel is about:

We can't wait

Old 07-25-2014, 03:32 AM
TJANK
4th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
The difficult part about custom ordering is the waiting! Welcome to the club. I had toured the Mini Oxford plant and was truly impressed with each vehicle coming of the line was customized and really enjoyed it. Shortly after that visit, I custom ordered my CM.

I wish Mini (and other car manufacturers) would offer their diesels in the US to lower diesel prices. With diesel, being a cheap by-product of making gasoline (petrol), you would think diesel would be cheaper than gas in the US, but it is not. Diesel costs more here.

My lessons learned owning a diesel vehicle in US. I previously owned a 2011 X5 BMW diesel and I can say I certainly enjoyed the better mileage but not the task of trying to find a station that sells it. When I did find a station with diesel, often the pump itself did not provide a credit card slot and I would need to pre-pay inside the station. I often got stuck in a queue behind a pickup truck or small lorry, waiting as they fill up their large tanks. Last, in very cold weather in the south the diesel is not modified in winter for the cold temperatures as it is in the north, it would, at times, take 30 minutes to fill my tank with diesel as it jells up in the cold. Larger truck stops heat their pumps. That said, if more cars were diesel in the US, the prices would drop and stations would offer more pumps.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:14 AM
_simon_
Neutral
Diesel is more expensive than petrol in the UK as well it's just diesel engines get more mileage out of the fuel than the petrol ones do.

Petrol or unleaded as we have it labelled here can range locally from 128.9p per litre to 139.9p per litre whilst diesel ranges from 133.9p per litre to 145.9p per litre.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:13 AM
_simon_
Neutral
Having seen the copper owners thread, I think we've changed our mind on the colour. Now thinking brilliant copper with black roof, black mirror caps with black light and air intake surrounds.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Sharp color!

Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 AM
_simon_
Neutral
Final change before we order in 2 weeks. Having had a good think and look at the budget we've decided we don't need all4 for our UK weather. We've managed winters just fine until now so we may as well spend the extra money on options. Also decided on the colour. When we went to the show room to look we really liked the white with black roof and mirrors but the sales person dissuaded us away from that colour combination saying they sold loads in that colour, however out of all the MINI's and CM's we've seen around here none of them have been black and white.

Final choice is:

Countryman Cooper SD automatic 2 wheel drive with Chili pack*
Body colour: Light White
Roof and Mirrors: Black
Sun Protection Glass
Model designation deletion

*The Chili pack consists of:

18" Turbo fan alloy wheels with run flat tyres. We've chosen Anthracite
Cloth/Leather seats. We've chosen Parallel-Pure Red
On-board computer
Automatic air conditioning
Rain sensing wipers
Automatic headlights
Xenon lights
Extended interior light package
Multifunction controls on the steering wheel
Storage compartment pack
Velour floor mats

Last edited by _simon_; 07-31-2014 at 01:29 AM.