R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 $500 discount on ordered CM

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Ramorris
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$500 discount on ordered CM

So as a returning customer, mini of san antonio has offered $500 off my configured CM How does that compare with your experiences? Should i bother haggling for just a few hundred more? Thanks! R.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We ordered our third MINI in 10 years from our dealer and received the same $500....must be the norm for repeat Motorers

Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Kosmo
1st Gear
I ordered for the first time and got the same...I think it was a promo

Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM
52804x4
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I ordered mine last month (first MINI) I was told there was no other option than paying MSRP! It was almost a deal breaker but then I decided I HAD to have the CMS4!!

Old 02-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Cobra-racer
3rd Gear
3 MINIs ordered same dealer since August 2009. Minimum $1500 off list on all three.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
I got $2K off of the MSRP. Didn't even take much haggling.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 PM
friscobiscuit
2nd Gear
I walked out after the "only MSRP' BS. Got a call 3 days later from the sales manager. He gave me $1650 off, plus another $500 on my trade. Sold my trade straight up on the side and made $1000 more on my sale than they were gonna give. ..and it was on an ordered 2012.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by friscobiscuit
I walked out after the "only MSRP' BS. Got a call 3 days later from the sales manager. He gave me $1650 off, plus another $500 on my trade. Sold my trade straight up on the side and made $1000 more on my sale than they were gonna give. ..and it was on an ordered 2012.
Nice! Yeah I was offered $12.5K for my trade-in, but I managed to sell it privately last week for $15K. Having those few weeks of wait time for the MINI is great to let you patiently try to sell privately.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
My wife was considering a CMS about a month ago and the opening offer, before any serious negotiations with the dealer was $1,200 off MSRP. NOBODY should pay sticker for a MINI. Between rebates, manufacturer offers and $ off from the dealer, I got a total of $2,350 off on my MCS.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:50 PM
inh
2nd Gear
We got stuck paying MSRP but they threw in floor mats... It really depends on your dealer and if there's other dealers around. Being on an island I had one choice to buy my car from and they knew it.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Originally Posted by inh
We got stuck paying MSRP but they threw in floor mats... It really depends on your dealer and if there's other dealers around. Being on an island I had one choice to buy my car from and they knew it.
Yes, the degree of competition in the area makes a big difference. There are 9 dealers within 60 miles of my house so getting a good deal is much easier. I would imagine in HI or any other place where the next closest dealer is hundreds (or in your case, thousands) of miles away, you're pretty much stuck with whatever offer they give you. However, I have heard on here of people in Arizona, for example, buying a MINI from a So Cal dealer because the deal made it worth it to either have it shipped to AZ or to drive here and pick it up. That's obviously noit an option for you, though. BTW, in addition to the $2,350 I got off on my MCS (this included MINI rebates and offers), the MA also put together a nice little bag of goodies for me including a MINI hat, the stuffed bulldog, MINI aluminum water bottle, a nice MINI logo pen and two Wings logo key chains. Competition is a wonderful thing!

Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
mingjiansi
Neutral
Lucky you.
there is only 1 Mini dealer within 150 miles of me. Only got two packs of gum with MINI insignia on it, when i signed my next 5 years of life away for my second MINI with absolutely no discount in any form.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
J Dubz
1st Gear
www.truecar.com is a good site that shows what kind of discount (if any) others are getting...

Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Ramorris
1st Gear
Thanks for that pointer about truecar.com - thats a pretty cool site - sez my price is average. I can live with that also sez CM is the most popular model for mini now.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:48 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
We got $2300 off MSRP. Got a Costco membership, called them up, they quoted us a price and we started calling MINI dealerships. Was a shame that the dealers closest to us wouldn't budge. Dealer in Dallas met the price and is throwing in mudflaps.

We kind of felt like the Houston dealers weren't taking us seriously. Kinda can't wait to drive up in MINIme just to go check out the MINI shop.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 PM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
also got well under MSRP (close to 2k) after emailing a few dealers. there are 3 in the area and one was sluggish on the response, one made a "lower price than anyone else" offer, and the third matched it. This was for a custom order.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
MrsZug
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
We got $2300 off MSRP. Got a Costco membership, called them up, they quoted us a price and we started calling MINI dealerships. Was a shame that the dealers closest to us wouldn't budge. Dealer in Dallas met the price and is throwing in mudflaps.

We kind of felt like the Houston dealers weren't taking us seriously. Kinda can't wait to drive up in MINIme just to go check out the MINI shop.
UGH. I have a Costco membership and got the "member pricing" with our current dealer in San Jose. It was the same stinking pricing! And I paid full price at the Arlington, TX dealer (the only other one in the D/FW metroplex) when I bought my Clubman in 2008.

I had resigned myself to MSRP after hearing that many people pay it, and of course my MA saying there are no discounts, but geez. Some of you guys are getting some SERIOUS deals. Anything I can do now that my car is in production???

Old 02-16-2012, 03:38 PM
DR61
5th Gear
Pricing depends on LOCAL demand. SF Bay area is tough, for sure.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM
ghamma
5th Gear
The week I showed up at an event in my new MINI (discounted), a friend went kinda nuts - she knew all about it. I pointed her at my MA in Santa Clara but their strong stance is MSRP. She went to SF that week and drove back an ALL4.

My daughter was interested in a hardtop so she and her guy went to Santa Clara with an intro - same story. They ordered their R56 in SF that week with generous trade-in and discount on their first MINI.

I talked to the sales team in SC and they said SF was motivated to move MINIs because they were in trouble with MINI-USA after their independent dealership (from BMW) location fell through. Everyone I know making purchases in the past 10 months has been getting deals in SF.

When I was shopping I found I could get $1500-2000 off an ALL4 quoted with alternative sources like CarsDirect, AMEX, and Costco. SC wouldn't honor any of the arrangements on an ALL4. All the deals were ending up in Concord. I don't know about offerings from East Bay, the 4th and last dealership in the area. Wish we had more...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ghamma
The week I showed up at an event in my new MINI (discounted), a friend went kinda nuts - she knew all about it. I pointed her at my MA in Santa Clara but their strong stance is MSRP. She went to SF that week and drove back an ALL4.

My daughter was interested in a hardtop so she and her guy went to Santa Clara with an intro - same story. They ordered their R56 in SF that week with generous trade-in and discount on their first MINI.

I talked to the sales team in SC and they said SF was motivated to move MINIs because they were in trouble with MINI-USA after their independent dealership (from BMW) location fell through. Everyone I know making purchases in the past 10 months has been getting deals in SF.

When I was shopping I found I could get $1500-2000 off an ALL4 quoted with alternative sources like CarsDirect, AMEX, and Costco. SC wouldn't honor any of the arrangements on an ALL4. All the deals were ending up in Concord. I don't know about offerings from East Bay, the 4th and last dealership in the area. Wish we had more...
I did not know SF MINI was giving generous discounts. East Bay MINI has room to negociate, but not as much as some folks in other locales are quoting. The Bay Area is tough! That being said, there were no discounts to be had when we ordered the R53 back in 2005 and many dealers were adding a markup. We paid MSRP for the 2006 Cooper S at East Bay MINI and that was the best local deal we could get back then.

I bought the CM from MINI of Reno because that's where my cars are insured and registered. I split my time between the Bay Area and Reno, but NV tax registration and insurance costs less. I ended getting about $1,750 off MSRP but that was including the $750 MotoTober rebate. I did not get charged for the mandatory flat load floor that comes with the "no charge" bench seat.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MrsZug
UGH. I have a Costco membership and got the "member pricing" with our current dealer in San Jose. It was the same stinking pricing! And I paid full price at the Arlington, TX dealer (the only other one in the D/FW metroplex) when I bought my Clubman in 2008.

I had resigned myself to MSRP after hearing that many people pay it, and of course my MA saying there are no discounts, but geez. Some of you guys are getting some SERIOUS deals. Anything I can do now that my car is in production???
Sorry, MrsZug. When we called Costco, the quote we got was actually for a dealer in El Paso, TX. That would have been way too far for us to drive, and then El Paso offered to deliver the car to us for an extra $600.
That's when we went to Houston and no one there, of all 3 dealers were willing to meet the Costco price. Sewell Mini of Plano was the winning dealership and they also threw in the mudflaps. The crazy thing... it was all done through phone/email.
All this to say that we were just unwilling to back down. And my husbands is a good negotiator.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Ramorris
1st Gear
MiniMouse17 makes me feel stupid!! i also went to Costco but when the search said there werent any local dealers who were Costco participants i gave up figuring there probably their network was limited to more mainstream makes. Oh well, at least i ended up getting about $1050 off just by going thru my previous dealer.

BTW my suspicions that Mini of Austin is ditzy is true - the guy finally called me back - 12 days after i got my deal done and ordered.

R

Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Ramorris, don't feel stupid. Had it not been for my husband, I wouldn't have known either. Atleast you got something!
I'm still waiting my ship to come in and hoping it it leaves with my Mini tomorrow.
Probably won't see MINIme until Spring Break.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
jasontom
3rd Gear
Hey MiniMouse,

What dealer did you use in Dallas? I am going to order a Countryman, later on this year and trying to get an idea of people's experiences!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jasontom
Hey MiniMouse,

What dealer did you use in Dallas? I am going to order a Countryman, later on this year and trying to get an idea of people's experiences!
Hey Jason!
We went through Sewell MINI of Plano. If you go there, talk to Jonathan, he's the best!

Quick Reply: R60 $500 discount on ordered CM