R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 True Blue Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Fredo0709
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Blue Pictures

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if true blue is a popular color. I see a thread dedicated for surf blue. Anyone here have a true blue countryman? Picture?

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
True Blue has its followers and I'm sure you'll get lots of pictures. But . . . way back when there wern't that many CMs about, there were lots of request for colour pics. Then, as now, the best advice is to go out and look at them in person. Truth is, the CM colors are unique. They are not the same as other MINI colours and they do not photograph accurately. Even the samples at the dealership don't do them honest justice. So, enjoy the pics, but go visit. I'm sure you'll walk around the lot mutteering variations of ooooo, ahhhhh, and ewww. And you'll be suprised at which ones attract you.

Sealy - Who did the PR ewww before becoming a convert.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True Blue pictures, you say? Here are some!

I don't think it's a hugely popular color, but I happen to like it quite a bit (obviously). There are lots more pictures on my blog if you want to see it in lots of different kinds of situations with different lighting.

Sealy's right, though. You really need to see the colors in person. The configurator is terrible for really getting a sense of color, and photos don't give you a clear enough sense of the way the color behaves in real lighting.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Fredo0709
1st Gear
Thanks Sealy and Tippykayak. Wow! Those are some nice pictures. I think we're going to have the same cars Tippykayak! And we're both in CT.

I placed an order with the true blue because the surf blue was a little darker under certain lighting conditions and with a hint of blue/green. I requested the same sport stripes but no panoramic dual pane sunroof. Beautiful car =)

Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
minitennisball
2nd Gear
Cool blog...I didn't care for the true blue much but it's growing on me. I'm currently waiting for my 2012 CM S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black roof with black bonnet stripes to be loaded on a vessel.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Neitherfanboy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tippykayak
True Blue pictures, you say?
Very good pics, and your Mini looks great!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Good advice Sealy!

I'm surprised we haven't started some "color threads" like all the other car types in this forum have...

Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fredo0709
Thanks Sealy and Tippykayak. Wow! Those are some nice pictures. I think we're going to have the same cars Tippykayak! And we're both in CT.

I placed an order with the true blue because the surf blue was a little darker under certain lighting conditions and with a hint of blue/green. I requested the same sport stripes but no panoramic dual pane sunroof. Beautiful car =)
Awesome! I haven't seen a True Blue Countryman in person except for mine, so I hope I see you around. I think they look awesome with the sport stripes. I totally respect the no-sunroof option since it's definitely a cleaner look. I've wanted a sunroof for years and years, though, so I was definitely going for that this time around.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by minitennisball
Cool blog...I didn't care for the true blue much but it's growing on me. I'm currently waiting for my 2012 CM S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black roof with black bonnet stripes to be loaded on a vessel.
Thanks for reading!

Definitely let us know how you like that color combo when you get it. I have a friend who wants to order Cosmic Blue but isn't sure about the accents. I like blue/white (obviously), and I was afraid the black stripes wouldn't be striking enough on the Cosmic. But it would be a cool, subtle effect, so I'm torn (not that it's going to be my car).

Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
I've updated my blog with a tag called "glamor shots" to make it easy to see all the entries with good pictures of the car collected together. I thought that might be helpful for people thinking about ordering a True Blue.