R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 2012 Countryman on order!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:24 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CosmicBlue
Godspeed Turandot. If she makes it to NYC by 2/29, how soon should I expect delivery to Philadelphia? So obsessed with my Countryman.
I believe after the MINIs are unloaded to port of NY, they are then transported to the VDC in Jersey for final inspection. The car can stay there 3-5 days before being transported to your dealer.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 AM
jenben04
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by froto13
does anyone know what ship(s) go to baltimore? my MA said thats where the countrymans (countrymen?) for my dealer has as their port of entry. wondering transit time, etc.

i wonder how healthy it is to obsess over these things as much as it seems we do. oh well... all of it will go away when I'm driving in my MINI!!
Barnacle just arrived in Baltimore! He was on Courage. You can check the ww website and look at schedules by checking from port to port. So departure port is Bremmerhaven and arrival port is Baltimore. It will tell you ever boat that is leaving from Bremmerhaven to Baltimore for the next few weeks! Good luck!

Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 PM
rfath
4th Gear
Heard from my MA today... car was on the Toronto that hit port on the 16th. Expect the car to be at the dealership in MA on Monday. Eek!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM
pulsetn
1st Gear
It looks like mine made a ship this week! My MA said via email it would hit the port on March 1st but forgot to tell me which ship it was. I think it must be on the K Line Bishu Highway, though the K Line schedule says that it hits Brunswick on the 29th and Charleston on the 1st. Maybe my car is actually coming in to Charleston, or maybe he meant that the car would get to the VDC on the 1st. Anyway, that is the only K Line or WW ship that will be coming into Brunwick around the 1st.

If that date holds, I should be able to have my car the week of March 5th!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:49 PM
pulsetn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rfath
Heard from my MA today... car was on the Toronto that hit port on the 16th. Expect the car to be at the dealership in MA on Monday. Eek!
Awesome! Let us know how you like it after taking delivery!

Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 PM
CosmicBlue
Neutral
This may be repeating old information but I find MarineTraffic.com to be the best ship tracker. I get to it by googling "shipping tracker turandot". I am watching the Turandot barreling through the English Channel at 14 knots towards Southhampton. Fascinating.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:56 PM
pulsetn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CosmicBlue
This may be repeating old information but I find MarineTraffic.com to be the best ship tracker. I get to it by googling "shipping tracker turandot". I am watching the Turandot barreling through the English Channel at 14 knots towards Southhampton. Fascinating.
It is a fascinating site. I watched the Bishu Highway heading back out from Southampton yesterday. It looks like MarineTraffic.com doesn't give info the whole way though. It couldn't find Bishu Highway this morning. I assume it did not sink.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
That's great! I was just about to ask if anybody with a Mini on the Toronto got word yet on when they can pick up their car ! I wonder if my dealer will get the car on Monday too (I'm in central NJ). Regardless, my dealer has to install driving lights for me, so I may have to wait a bit longer...

Old 02-20-2012, 04:22 AM
ChubbyMini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright, a new week lets hope those with 2/2 production dates get on the ship departing Wed - daddy needs some new wheels - no whammy - no whammy - no whammy

Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
LOL ChubbyMini! Come on, no whammy, no whammy, big money!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 03:26 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
i like the quote "not all customer service people are created equal" i really wish all the people at the askMINI phone number were on the same page! the guy i talked to last week told me that the scheduled production date was in march but to check back because that can change... and now not one of them no matter who i talk to can tell me that because their system doesnt show them, they cant even tell me what stage of production its in i just want to know where my MINI is

Old 02-20-2012, 03:32 PM
rfath
4th Gear
The people manning the customer service line are definitely not all equal. :(

I had a complaint about a warranty decision and was told to go screw. The dealership's decision is final... the person insisted that there is no recourse. There is. But if I didn't know that the dweeb on the other end was making stuff up? Raor. I would have been posting something different about MINI I think.

I think that if you find someone who is awesome you should ask for their name. They might also have extensions that you can ask for them again... or at the very least ask to speak to their supervisor to tell them when they're doing a great job. The only way we can keep the awesome ones is to make sure that everyone knows about them - especially their bosses! The stinkers? Meh.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Rfath, when are you picking up your ALL4 ? I haven't heard a peep from my MA yet. I'll be calling him tomorrow...

Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tatacountry
Rfath, when are you picking up your ALL4 ? I haven't heard a peep from my MA yet. I'll be calling him tomorrow...
I left voicemails and emails for my MA today (mine was also on the Toronto) and he said no news yet, but they might get a truck this afternoon. Well at EOD still no news... This final stretch feels like the longest!!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
So bummed - it's been three weeks with zero updates from my dealer, phone or online.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ZeeMini
This final stretch feels like the longest!!!!
So true!!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM
rfath
4th Gear
No word! But I didn't check in... Will see to tomorrow. Hopefully everything will work out to get it this week!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyMini
Alright, a new week lets hope those with 2/2 production dates get on the ship departing Wed - daddy needs some new wheels - no whammy - no whammy - no whammy
Let's hope the Glorious Leader is our boat!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hearthand
Let's hope the Glorious Leader is our boat!
Come on Glorious Leader!!! Hoping my mini is sittin pretty waiting to sail the ocean blue!! I can't take it any longer!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 AM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
UGH! Mini is in, but MA is OOO.... I just want to know if I can get it on Friday!!!! I've gots plans I need to move around for this. Won't know until tomorrow....

grrrrrrrr.........

So true!!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 AM
rfath
4th Gear
UGH! Mini is in, but MA is OOO.... I just want to know if I can get it on Friday!!!! I've gots plans I need to move around for this. Won't know until tomorrow....

grrrrrrrr.........
I'm supposed to leave of Friday to instruct at a Winter Driving School in northern NH. Sure would be nice to take that up there and get some video of the car in the snow...

Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
rfath
4th Gear
Just got a call from my MA that the car is being transferred from the dealer storage lot to the dealership. I've extracted promises of pictures once it's off the truck. Certificate of Origin is a bit slower and it might be Thursday or Friday until the car is actually available to me..

Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
ZeeMini
2nd Gear
I asked for pictures as well. but since my MA is out today they are like no its in the shop we can't do that... Boo... really? no one else there can use a camera/phone?! are you picking up in NJ?

Just got a call from my MA that the car is being transferred from the dealer storage lot to the dealership. I've extracted promises of pictures once it's off the truck. Certificate of Origin is a bit slower and it might be Thursday or Friday until the car is actually available to me..

Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMouse17
Come on Glorious Leader!!! Hoping my mini is sittin pretty waiting to sail the ocean blue!! I can't take it any longer!
Any news from your MA? Mine's off Tuesdays...
The boat sails today....mmmmmm

Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
rfath
4th Gear
I asked for pictures as well. but since my MA is out today they are like no its in the shop we can't do that... Boo... really? no one else there can use a camera/phone?! are you picking up in NJ?
Nope, car is north of Boston now!

That's sad. I'd send you pics of mine and you could pretend, but it's That Color that few people get (PR).

Quick Reply: R60 2012 Countryman on order!