R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Nav traffic alerts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
dleavy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav traffic alerts

Hi all,
Couple of questions about nav

1) does nav traffic ever alert you, voice or popup to a new route you can take to avoid traffic ahead? I see the traffic symbol turn red but don't get new route suggestions.

2) nav favorites. Seems they are all "contacts"? Any limit on the number? Also any known limit on the number of trip destinations I.e an intinerary trip?

3) iPhone holder - I see the threads for iPhone holders in the arm rest, awaiting results that all functionality is intact. What is everyone else planning to do for a holder/placement? Just put the phone in the rail? Wondering if anyone has come up with an ingenious device that holds the phone flat on the rail (out of arm rest/handbrake way) with an easy plugin method? I am just using the base of a rail connector with no accessory attached then put one of the phone clip attachments on the top. The cable goes under the connector and wraps back for the phone...

Cheers
Dan

Old 04-07-2011, 06:28 PM
mini_z
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the answer to 1. it re-routes you, due to traffic. I thinks depends on how heavy the traffic is. The darker the arrow the slower the traffic.
I zoom away to see were its taking me, sometime I stay in traffic to avoid tones of traffic lights.