Drivetrain Exhaust Question 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:55 PM
kidwuf
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Exhaust Question 2wd

I have a 2011 Countryman S 2wd model and I am looking to get an exhaust upgrade of some kind, which most are All4 only. I currently have NM intake, NM charge pipe, and NM inlet pipe. I live in California, so that right there is a bit of a problem seeing as it seems like I cannot remove the second CAT without failing the visual part of the SMOG inspection.

So what I am looking for:
  • Nice sound
  • Little less restrictive than what I already have
  • California SMOG legal
  • Not breaking the bank

Now, I do know that the line between the down pipe and the second CAT is still restrictive but it still is better than nothing to reduce the restriction for part of it at least. Thank you everyone ahead of time.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:06 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
I like the Magnaflow. Deeper sound and no freeway drone

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
The following users liked this post:
kidwuf (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 01:57 PM
kidwuf
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MarioKart
I like the Magnaflow. Deeper sound and no freeway drone

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
Thanks Mario for the quick response. I like the sound that are on the clips on YouTube, buy I also have another question that you might be able to answer. There is a shop a few miles away that will do custom exhausts and is an authorized Magnaflow distributor, if I went through them would it be better to get a custom made exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler and a different resonator/no resenator? Or something like that? Any opinions on recommendations in that?