R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Convertible Top Won't Close

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 02:53 PM
R57
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convertible Top Won't Close

The convertible top will not close. Immediately after the top is put down, the top can close, but after driving the car while the top is down it will not go back up. The display will show the car with a lock on it. You can hear a faint clicking in the back if you hold down the lever to try to close the top. We have already replaced the relay switches, but this was not the problem.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:10 AM
wmsue
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the trunk closed? I had a problem similar and either the trunk was not latched or a door wasn't closed completely. It eas something non top related.

Bill

Old 02-28-2017, 12:19 PM
R57
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wmsue
Is the trunk closed? I had a problem similar and either the trunk was not latched or a door wasn't closed completely. It eas something non top related.

Bill
I can have everything completely closed. I know because I'll be in the car with all the doors closed and the latches properly latched. I put the top down when I'm in the car. When I arrive at my destination I try to put the top up and I haven't opened any doors. The top will budge slightly, but will stop once it moves a hair.