R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Clutch Click

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
LetzDanz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Click

So, three months into my '09 MCS Convertible experience.
Big fun so far.
We've been on a few longish trips and we're bonding.
I have the previously mentioned rubber door seal issue, happy to read there's a fix now & I'll take it to the dealer.
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with doing 10K Mi. before an oil change, so I'll probably pay them to do one then as well.
The only thing that's bothering me is there's a "Click" or "Crack" noise many times when I depress the clutch.
It seems to be sensitive to the angle of approach. I've got big feet and more often than not I'm contacting the pedal pretty high up the pad. Less clicking if I push more from the middle.
Anybody encountered this before?
Thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LetzDanz
So, three months into my '09 MCS Convertible experience.
Big fun so far.
We've been on a few longish trips and we're bonding.
I have the previously mentioned rubber door seal issue, happy to read there's a fix now & I'll take it to the dealer.
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with doing 10K Mi. before an oil change, so I'll probably pay them to do one then as well.
The only thing that's bothering me is there's a "Click" or "Crack" noise many times when I depress the clutch.
It seems to be sensitive to the angle of approach. I've got big feet and more often than not I'm contacting the pedal pretty high up the pad. Less clicking if I push more from the middle.
Anybody encountered this before?
Thanks!
I occasionally catch the sole of my shoe on the left footrest trim but this occurs when I release the clutch. This makes a click when the shoe sole rubs the edge. Doesn't happen if I have my left foot more centered on the clutch pedal. I am almost at 1200 miles and have really enjoyed the MINI.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
russkull
Neutral
exactly same with me. One click/crack/pop like sound from the actual clutch pedal when I press down, and one when I release. The angle of my foot affects it. Sounds like the pedal is caught on a wire tie or a bolt is popping in and out of hole. Not sure becuase I can't see down there. Going to try using a mirror

Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
redZip
2nd Gear
I am hearing click noise as described by others when I depress my clutch. Doesn't happen all the time, but not really sure if it the angle of pressing the clutch as I have tried several different ones.
Has anyone taken theirs to the dealer for this problem ? I would have done the same, but am busy moving houses right now and there doesn't seem to be any driving issues.

(Mine is 4 months old and ~2500mi on it)

Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 PM
milner
1st Gear
My '09 JCW makes this sound/feel when clutch is depressed as well. I took it to the dealer a couple months back and was told it was normal for the S types. I was a bit suspicious, so the service manager said I could come down and feel the other clutches on S types he had in the service bay. Sure enough, all of them did the same thing....none of the coopers had this issue. This is my third MINI (only the first 2nd gen) and none of my previous cars had this particular issue. Who knows....I figure at least the issue is documented with the dealer if MINI finds a problem down the road....