R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Molly's 15,000+ miles today...I've noticed I'm driving her more for the FUN Factor now...Look out Hubby you'd better HANG ON!!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 04-23-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
afshawnt
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afshawnt
I was hoping to be posting in this thread last week. But MINI of San Antonio called to inform my girlfriend and I that her OxyBlue was damaged over 3% MSRP (it had been sitting in SC for 3 weeks and I was wondering if that was the case) and MINI won't be selling the car to us.

Another car has been ordered as its replacement and should be here in mid April.

She's getting impatient. Although MINI of SA has been really great. They are giving her a temporary MINI to drive around until then.

Here are some specs:

09 Oxygen Blue Cooper/Manual :D
White Roof/Mirros
Bonnet Stripes
White Turn Signals
Front Fogs
Rear Fog
Xenons
Aero Kit
White 16" Bridge Spokes
Sport Seats
Cloth
Leather MultiFunc Wheel
Driving Lamps

Until then I guess its just sit here and in this thread.
Finally Arrived :D :D

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-1.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-2.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-3.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
afshawnt
Neutral
One more from the back

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-4.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice

Old 04-07-2009, 06:02 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Very sporty looking afshawnt! Bet the ride home was fun!

I assume your girlfriend won't be going to work tomorrow?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Congratulations afshawnt! I was thinking about you guys the other day and wondered if the new MINI had come in yet. I am glad everything went well the second time around! Today was beautiful for motoring!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:18 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a true thrill the other day....I saw my own car driving around!!!!

I had picked up a nail and (thanks to the awesome flat tire sensor) was getting it all patched up immediately. I gave the keys to the tire guy who drove around the parking lot to get into the proper bay.

Now, I am used to the view from the driver's seat...I seldom get to see this car in action. Wow!!!!! Looks totally and utterly amazing. I am also amazed at how small MINIs look because 1) they don't look small from the interior perspective and 2) I seldom get to gauge the size of the car in relation to a driver.

Anyway...this classic (and rare) Oxygen Blue is sure a winner on a MINI!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Ok, long story short: I'm a mid-century modern design freak, and other than collecting diecast MINI Coopers, I also collect glassware and dishware from the 50's and 60's. This past weekend I came upon a vintage Cathrineholm bowl, about 5" diameter at a local thrift shop for 50 cents (these can go for almost $50 on eBay)...I've never found anything Cathrineholm before, but as soon as I saw this, it just further solidified my choice in Oxygen Blue for my MINI - it's SOOO retro! See attached pics of the bowl and a spare tow hook cover I ordered (first one was falling off)...I am so glad I got this color!

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-cathrineholm3.jpg   Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-cathrineholm4.jpg  
Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Check out Targa Newfoundland sometime....for the original OB

Targa Newfoundland is a rally/race up in Canada, modified (mainly for safety but sometimes also for performance) street cars racing on public roads.

The last two years they have had several "classic Minis", and one they have featured was something like a 1962, and it's OXYGEN BLUE!

That's right it is more or less the EXACT color (and this one has a white top) as our modern OB.

I KNEW I had seen that color before, probably some pictures of classic Minis or whatever.

Kinda cool to see it was an actual color on the Mini back then....

Analogeezer

Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Analogeezer
Kinda cool to see it was an actual color on the Mini back then....
True...I have a friend whose buddy had one of these. Anybody who knows classic Minis will recognize Oxygen Blue...looks right at home on a MINI!!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Ahh, hell. I just lost my message. Anyway, I love the Oxygen Blue. I finally took the time yesterday to wash, clay and wax mine. Course today it rained and we had 50 mph winds and I got dirt and pine needles all over it, but when it's clean, I don't think the color can be beat. I think I've seen pictures of the original O2B Minis. Old or new, it's a great color!

gokartride, they're not O2B, but you might enjoy the picture of the MINIs reflected in the office windows low down on the page in this thread--
http://miniclubofwny.activeboard.com...2249261&page=5.

Atomic, that's a cool bowl; great that it's in Oxy Blue. I don't know what happened to the woman who started this thread (Mommashine, I think) but if you read the thread from the beginning, you'll see some before us shared our obcession. I know she poked her head in a couple / few months ago. Hopefully we're carrying on the 'tradition' for her even if she can't make the time here that she used to.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
OB/W looks even BETTER with the British Flag Side Scuttles...Hubby and I picked up Molly today from the Dealership and she L@@KS so pretty with the British Flag Side Scuttles she got for her Birthday!!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 04-23-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ok...what's going on??!! Everyone alseep out there!!?? How come in some of the previous posts some words are RED??

So now that the Side Scuttles are on...I'm trying to decide on a few more Mods for Molly. I'm definitely getting a Roof Rack w/Bike Attachments. I'm wanting the Chrome Line Exterior Lower Grill Cover, maybe the Fog Light Surrounds too. I'll need new tires before our rainy season starts. I'm really wanting the Driving Lights, but the cost is a bit prohibitive right now.

My question is what to do 1st??

Old 04-25-2009, 03:34 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
RJ, thanks for the WAKE - UP call! We've finally had some nice weather. Been motoring, washing, claying, waxing and more motoring. Tomorrow, many of us NYSers are headed to Watkins Glen for a few laps around the old track--should be a blast. Will post pics. We'll see how many O2Bs there are but I suspect it'll be only one...

Old 04-25-2009, 05:09 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I was taking some pics of my MINI the other day and the weather was in a state of severe clear.....blue skies and few/no clouds. Perfect conditions for an Oxygen Blue MINI. I enjoy using the sky as a major photographic element as the sky and my MINI match in color. There is an imperfect example in my gallery...I need to reshoot earlier in the day when the angle of the sun is better.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:13 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Molly's 1st Birthday Present

Hey Gang just wanted to share a pic. of Molly wearing her 1st Birthday Present - British Flag Side Scuttles!!
Let me know what you think!!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Great! What can I say - my favorites since my Nellie has them, too. Lookin' good.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Lookin' good.
Yup!!! You-ification is a good thing.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Looks like my boyfriend and I will be getting an Oxygen Blue Mini in the next couple months.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Looks like my boyfriend and I will be getting an Oxygen Blue Mini in the next couple months.
Super!!!! You are also keeping your classic Mini, right??

Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Super!!!! You are also keeping your classic Mini, right??
Yes. BB is staying. She'll be paid off next year so there's no big reason to get rid of her..

Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Hey y'all!
Nice weather means open sunroof! Finally!
And I still love this car!

I washed and waxed her last weekend. I bought a kit thing with wash, a tiny little claybar and wax. But no instructions for the claybar so I just washed and waxed.
So if someone could be so kind as to tell me what, perhaps should be intuitive, how does one use the claybar? I know you're supposed to wash first, but then what do I do with this little travel soap-sized piece of clay?

MINI xB, congrats! Lucky you to have a classic and a new one, too!

I love the"retro-ness" of the O2blue! That's why I chose it over some of the other colors.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wannab drivin
So if someone could be so kind as to tell me what, perhaps should be intuitive, how does one use the claybar? I know you're supposed to wash first, but then what do I do with this little travel soap-sized piece of clay?
I'll start. Yes, you are right...wash the car. Then, working in 18" to 24" sections apply either quick detailer or a car wash shampoo solution as a lubricant. Once that has been applied, then lightly rub the clay over your paint...it should glide right over given the lubricant you are using. Add more lubricant if things start to dry out a bit. The clay will pick up contaminants in the paint surface. After you've done a section (or two) fold the clay to expose a fresh clay surface and keep going 'til you are done.

After claying I usually choose to wash again before proceeding on to wax and such.

Any other thoughts folks??

Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Oh yes...one more point. Have some extra clay around if possible...if you drop the clay on the ground, toss it!!

Also, be careful claying around the seam on clear bras. Try not to sheer any clay off into that seam by catching the edge.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
wannab drivin
3rd Gear
Thanks gokartride! The kit also did come with a spray bottle of detailer/quick cleaner stuff, so I'm guessing that would work. That sounds easy enough.
I was envisioning some sort of day-long ritual where I had to touch the little piece of claybar all over the dry surface.

Hopefully this coming weekend I'll be able to give it a try.

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club